S-Video on Compro VideoMate DVB-T200 not working? (1 Viewer)

raptor

Portal Member
February 8, 2006
I have a Compro VideoMate DVB-T200 and while its mainly for DVB is has the option for S-Video or Composite connections, i keep trying to get the svhs setting to work (it is for S-Video right?) but it keeps saying no signal so im not sure whats wrong as it works in both the original software and dscalar.

I searched the forum and have tried the usual ways to get this to work in the channels and card settings but no luck.

Just in case i may not be going about it right, whats the normal procedure to get S-Video working on this card?

I have the latest software and drivers for the card and running mediaportal cvs 02-07-2006 - 01-05

ComproDTV 2
Software Version (Date)
2.7.0.6 (2006/1)

VideoMate DVB-T300/T200 Driver
Driver Version (Date)
1.3.3.0 (2005/12)

One last thing, i was looking at MP's supported card list and it shows as green with the Philips SAA 713x chipset.

Thanks for any help! :wink:

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Its a software card so it will not use the regualr DVB driver entry. Itll need support added (which the devs must have changed their mind on). There is a thread in here or the Hardware support forum which dman listed what is required and what you need to do yourself.

raptor

Portal Member
    February 8, 2006
    Oh right, i thought it would be pretty much fully functioning as it was in the supported card list and S-Video is a simple connection which requires no tuning, im surprised it doesn't work. :(

I hope its fixed someday but for now i can just use dscalar. 8)

Cheers! :wink:

raptor

Portal Member
    February 8, 2006
    DVB works pretty good in mp for this card but im just wondering if the software side will be sorted anytime soon?

I think many people have got this card and compro's similar ones so it would be nice to be able to use s-video etc in mp, while i could live with dscalar :( i would really love to make use of ffdshow and vmr9. :D

I see more cards are getting supported now which is great but do the devs have whats needed for compro cards yet?

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    raptor said:
    I see more cards are getting supported now which is great but do the devs have whats needed for compro cards yet?

The software support that was readded is different to what was there originally. Its no longer general and works on all cards, it needs specific card entries so just having information for Compro cards isnt enough. They need each cards specific information, so until you (or someone else) does it, it wont get added. 5 minute job, and you can use the svideo in on your card.

raptor

Portal Member
    February 8, 2006
    I think i could do it but i thought as its a fairly common card they might have the needed information already, i would have posted in the proper forum but i didn't know what type of card this was being dvbt mainly.

Could a mod please move this thread to the correct forum?

Thanks! :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom