SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (1 Viewer)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

doornjoostje

Portal Pro
December 6, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Re: SAF v4.00beta (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (MPEG2, H.264 and VC-1).

Do you have any external device capable to decode DTS/AC3?

No, I have an 5.1 analogue config, the boxes are coupled to the computer directly.

So passthrough is useless for you.
You only need to configure FFDshow Output speakers configuration - this window popup after SAF install - there is stereo as default.

Hi Hoborg,

I've did what you told and the sound improved a lot (Especially Film 1 HD [from canal+])
I can select "prefer AC-3 sound" in MP config and all channels still work (some didn't before).
Do I need to enable this or is this also useless for me?
:D

blanquart_c

Portal Pro
February 6, 2007

hello,

sorry for my english.

i have windows 7 32bit. Mp beta with the ultimate SVN , Saf unloked beta22. no problem in the installation. but in Mp configuation i not have Powerdvd H264. Any idea?

Thank you.

Christian

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: SAF v4.00beta (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (MPEG2, H.264 and VC-1).

You have it - if you read carefully you´ll encounter "Cyberlink Video Decoder (PDVD9)". This was also mentioned some posts earlier :)

Zikzok

January 4, 2010

Hi, hoborg

Thanks for quick replay
    I install latest version of DirectX, reinstall SAF and now i can watch video xvid-ac3, but not h.264-mp3. I think you right it is Vwvare (it si used VMware SVGA II driver).
    But i cannot use CyberLink Decoder in MP, no there in menu.

Best regards.

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic

Hi, hoborg

Thanks for quick replay
    I install latest version of DirectX, reinstall SAF and now i can watch video xvid-ac3, but not h.264-mp3. I think you right it is Vwvare (it si used VMware SVGA II driver).
    But i cannot use CyberLink Decoder in MP, no there in menu.

Best regards.

Did you unlocked SAF?

Zikzok

January 4, 2010

To add
    I can see h.264-mp3 files in MediaPlayer Classic.

How to do it ?

Ok I do it
    in ffdshow video config h.264 was disabled, i choose livbacodec and now work everythings.

Best regards.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

I tried installing saf400beta23test2 and a lot of codecs are missing in MP config, even after rebooting.

In Video and TV Codecs, for MPEG-2 Video Decoder I only get ffdshow, Nero DVD and Nero Video, for H264 I only get ffdshow and MPC and for MPEG/AC3 I only get ffdshow.

Installing saf349beta24 everything appears as it should, including the Cyberlink decoder (v8.4.0.330) residing on my C:\

Logs for both attached (I'm actually running a 2600XT now, not the FX5600 the logs report).

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic

I tried installing saf400beta23test2 and a lot of codecs are missing in MP config, even after rebooting.

In Video and TV Codecs, for MPEG-2 Video Decoder I only get ffdshow, Nero DVD and Nero Video, for H264 I only get ffdshow and MPC and for MPEG/AC3 I only get ffdshow.

Installing saf349beta24 everything appears as it should, including the Cyberlink decoder (v8.4.0.330) residing on my C:\

Logs for both attached (I'm actually running a 2600XT now, not the FX5600 the logs report).

1) you should uninstall NERO, it can cause lot of problems
    2) from your LOG: SAF v4.00 beta23 *LOCKED* - you need to *unlock* SAF, check PM.
    -

Here is new SAF 4.00 beta32 test3: (changelog)

-lot of passthrough fixes on ffdshow side
    -there is now new routine for ffdshow MPEG-2 decoder setup. If you have ATI or nVidia with drivers from 2009 or newer (support for NV12 output), you will have HW deinterlacing of MPEG-2 video. This is great for DVDs, it will fix problems with DVD navigation/subtitles and keep HW deinterlacing on all OS, just make sure you have enabled Vector Adaptive deinterlacing in GPU drivers
    -better MOV format support on WinXP - no need to rename to MOVSD - only for files with formats supported by FFDshow (not Win7, becouse of missing Microsoft "QuickTime Movie Parser" on these OS - not sure about Vista. No idea why MS removed this splitter...)

fortuna

Portal Member
    October 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

hi hoborg,

i have an asrock ion 330 htpc and i'm not sure if the GPU has the capability of Vector Adaptive deinterlacing. is this a aproblem when i use ffdshow for mpeg-2? thanks for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom