SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (6 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

sbp

Portal Pro
August 10, 2006
Auning
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi.I read that the new MP 1.0.1 allows for using the PowerDVD 8 navigator.
How do I do that, could it be included in SAF?
Or could you make a recipie on how to extract it from the trial version of PowerDVD?

tesco

Portal Member
March 27, 2009
The easiest way is to just install PDVD8 on either this or another computer. Then simply copy the files from the installation directory. When you're done doing that you can uninstall PDVD again.

sbp

Portal Pro
August 10, 2006
Auning
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Thanks for the advice. I know how to extract the codec, but the navigator I havent tried (and I don't know how to find it)

distorted1

Portal Member
April 11, 2009
Just upgraded to MP 1.0.1. First i uninstalled SAF and then upgraded to new MP and the installed latest SAF. But now i can't get the subtitles working anymore?? They were working perfectly with 1.0 and after upgrade they don't show up?? Anyone else have this problem?

jsimmons

Portal Pro
December 6, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I downloaded 3.47, but it says I need a newer version of MP. I just downloaded the MP (1.0, a few days ago) linked to on the home page - what's the newest version of saf works with that?

winterescape

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hoborg, Thanks for putting together this great filter pack!!
    I Wanted to understand the upgrade best practice before upgrading to MP 1.01:

1) Upgrade MP to 1.01
    2) Install SAF 3.47

I am currently running MP 1.0.0 and SAF v3.3.0
    Should I try to uninstall SAF 3.30 first?

Another question, I do not currently have the option of selecting "MPC-MPA Decode Filter" as shown on the first page, only "MPA -Decode filter" Is this due to the version or something I did wrong?
    Thanks!

Duqe

Portal Member
    April 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Ive installed SAF with a newer version o SVN. Got it correctly working. Even with DXVA. But have a problem with some films. Sometimes i get double audio at same time. Its strange, since if i use MPC HC, i hear it correctly (spanish). But on MediaPortal, i hear both, spanish and english.

hulkhaugen

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2008
    Arendal
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi Ian,

I installed the powerdvd trial on a virtual machine (I use it for testing things) and get the cl264dec.ax from it along with the content of VideoFilter directory.
    I copied cl264dec.ax and the dlls to my HTPC's windows/system32 dir and did a "regsvr32 cl264dec.ax" command.

From that point Cyberlink for H.264 was selectable from MP's settings. If i only copy the mentioned .ax file, it was also selectable, but was not working. It needs the other dlls

And I did that, becouse SAF would be enough for all my codec needs, but there is a problem, when I'm trying to watch h.264 tv broadcast: MP's internal tswriter is not working currently with the MPC-HC's H.264 filter.

So, if you are using your htpc mainly for tv broadcast coded in H.264, SAF will not help you at the moment.
    There are plans to fix/workaround this in 1.0.2 version of MP, but this could be months.

hey, seems like you're on top of this. i'm trying to make a batch installer, and this is what i got
    Code:
    copy *.ax c:\windows\system32
    copy *.dll c:\windows\system32
    c:
    cd\windows\system32
    regsvr32 cl264dec.ax
    regsvr32 clvsd.ax
    but do i really need all the .dll files in the "PowerDVD9\VideoFilter" folder?

and the nav filter, does it require all three .ax files to be registered to work properly?

on Cyberlink's website, under Downloads | Software Updates | Power DVD - Updates

I had an older version installed, so I just installed the update provided on their website.

"PowerDVD 8 Ultra Updates: This update file updates PowerDVD 8 Ultra to PowerDVD 8 Ultra build 2705. For PowerDVD retail and online purchase versions only. To check the updates for hardware bundled versions, click here for instructions.
    Included updates and issues resolved:

* Support for HDTV 24Hz refresh rate.
    * Support for S3 VGA cards.
    * Support for Intel ADI (Intel Cantiga platform).
    * Fixed Blu-ray Disc title compatibility issues."
    Do you know which files to extract from that .exe? I can't install it since i just have the trail version installed...

Jocker_Boy

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2008
    Lisbon
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    Hello.
    It's the first time i use SAF.
    Well, i'm under XP and i don't use DXVA.
    I have installed SAF and everthigs goes well.
    I can play all files, but doesn't appear subtitles.

And, when i play in WMP, the subtitles appears automatically.

Sorry for my english.
    What can i do?

Problem solve.
    My mistake. i forgot to go to options and enable subtitles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom