Codecs SAF v5.02 *final* (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder) (2 Viewers)

misterfrog

Portal Member
May 24, 2008
New York
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Re: SAF v5.00 experimental (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

Hi, I have a question about pgs subtitles using saf 5.00.

I've been ripping my blurays to hard drive via anydvd-> eac3to -> then converting the subtitles with bdsup2sub and merging with mkv. Everything works great this way but I was hoping to be able to use mkvmerge which doesn't convert the subtitles from pgs format. I've been diving through the forums and reading 100's of posts and realize that it is possible to display pgs subtitles with a modified mpcsubs.dll and using the mpc splitters but haven't yet been succesful myself in displaying embedded pgs subtitles in an mkv.

From what I understand using the mpc splitters requires using registering them regsrv32 but still haven't been able to get it working.

Has anyone been able to get this working using SAF 5.00? If so, could you explain it to me?

Thanks,

Tom

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic

I've been ripping my blurays to hard drive via anydvd-> eac3to -> then converting the subtitles with bdsup2sub and merging with mkv. Everything works great this way but I was hoping to be able to use mkvmerge which doesn't convert the subtitles from pgs format. I've been diving through the forums and reading 100's of posts and realize that it is possible to display pgs subtitles with a modified mpcsubs.dll and using the mpc splitters but haven't yet been succesful myself in displaying embedded pgs subtitles in an mkv.

From what I understand using the mpc splitters requires using registering them regsrv32 but still haven't been able to get it working.

Has anyone been able to get this working using SAF 5.00? If so, could you explain it to me?

Thanks,

Tom

SAF5 support PGS subtitles, there is no need to register anything. Just make sure you are using FFDShow subtitles engine.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: SAF v5.00 experimental (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

Thanks,

Tom

SAF5 support PGS subtitles, there is no need to register anything. Just make sure you are using FFDShow subtitles engine.

Hi hoborg!

How must i setup the pgs subtitles? - disable in MP Config and enable in ffdshow, thats all?

Best regards

Helios

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Re: AW: Re: SAF v5.00 experimental (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

Hi hoborg!

How must i setup the pgs subtitles? - disable in MP Config and enable in ffdshow, thats all?

Best regards

Helios

Yes, exactly. Just reinstall SAF and enable subtitles durning SAF install, then disable in MePo.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: Re: SAF v5.00 experimental (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

Hi hoborg!

Best regards

Helios

Yes, exactly. Just reinstall SAF and enable subtitles durning SAF install, then disable in MePo.

But MCE remote doesn't work nativ? Why you do't support this mpc engine -> Link?

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: SAF v5.00 experimental (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

But MCE remote doesn't work nativ? Why you do't support this mpc engine -> Link?

You can switch audio/subtitles tracks by pressing CTRL+ALT+ Numpad0 and Numpad1 if your remote support key mapping (my do).
    MPC subtitle engine is part of player, not Codec.

mamachan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

one question and one request.

1) question: ffdshow audio decoder: cedecs section: AC3 and DTS: why you use libavcodec intead of liba52 and libdts?

2) request: now if i upgrade SAF, the installer delete the old version and install the newest. Is possible in the future to get only an upgrade of the existing version of SAF?

thanks

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country

one question and one request.

1) question: ffdshow audio decoder: cedecs section: AC3 and DTS: why you use libavcodec intead of liba52 and libdts?

2) request: now if i upgrade SAF, the installer delete the old version and install the newest. Is possible in the future to get only an upgrade of the existing version of SAF?

thanks

1) acording to my experience, libavcodec working better
    2) nope, this is not possible.

bart0190

Portal Pro
    January 17, 2009

Hi,
    I have currently 4 issues regarding audio/video, can you help?
    I have an issue with delayed video.
    -----------
    I also have problems to get DTS audio.
    -----------
    compared to SAF4.00 I now have smaller images
    ----------

Hi Hoborg,
    I have tried in graphstudio. No delays.
    However, SH -720p_test-067.zip has delayed video when playing in MediaPortal, S_test-011.zip has no delay.
    At least I could reproduce it. ;)
    It is interesting that the graph looks different. I would have thought that it would be the ffdshow DXVA for both of the files.
    Do you have an idea why?

ad 3.: I have attached
    N_VTS_01_0.zip
    which is from my NTSC format DVD where I have black bars in MP.

cheers
    bart

Attachments

• graph_S.PNG
      graph_S.PNG
      35.3 KB
    • graph_SH.PNG
      graph_SH.PNG
      38.1 KB
    • N_VTS_01_0.zip
      2.2 MB

allanp81

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2006

]

Does that mean if I rip a bluray to mkv, that I just extract from the .m2ts and add to the mkv?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom