Codecs SAF v5.02 *final* (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder) (1 Viewer)

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Re: SAF v5.00 experimental (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

Hi Hoborg,
I have tried in graphstudio. No delays.
However, SH -720p_test-067.zip has delayed video when playing in MediaPortal, S_test-011.zip has no delay.
At least I could reproduce it. ;)
It is interesting that the graph looks different. I would have thought that it would be the ffdshow DXVA for both of the files.
Do you have an idea why?

ad 3.: I have attached
N_VTS_01_0.zip
which is from my NTSC format DVD where I have black bars in MP.

cheers
bart

720p_test-067.zip-no delay here... (i dont use audio passthrough)
N_VTS_01_0.zip - that is not very good sample - this is DVD menu VOB right?

bart0190

Portal Pro
January 17, 2009

Hi Hoborg,
I have tried in graphstudio. No delays.
However, SH -720p_test-067.zip has delayed video when playing in MediaPortal, S_test-011.zip has no delay.
At least I could reproduce it. ;)
It is interesting that the graph looks different. I would have thought that it would be the ffdshow DXVA for both of the files.
Do you have an idea why?

ad 3.: I have attached
N_VTS_01_0.zip
which is from my NTSC format DVD where I have black bars in MP.

cheers
bart

720p_test-067.zip-no delay here... (i dont use audio passthrough)
I disabled audio passthrough. Dolby Digital works but I still have delay in Video (reproduceable with the SH_720p_test-067.zip). :(
No delays in GraphStudio.
No delays in MP with the other video file.

Could it be related with the graph shown? I am wondering why it shows different video codec although both should be h264.

Maybe I should clean up all the codecs and filters I have and install the SAF freshly. What is the best way to clean all codecs?

N_VTS_01_0.zip - that is not very good sample - this is DVD menu VOB right?

Yes, I couldn't cut the .vob file yesterday. However, the menu has also the black bars below. I will get a tool to cut the .vob to give you a better sample.

Thanks.
bart

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country

Yes, I couldn't cut the .vob file yesterday. However, the menu has also the black bars below. I will get a tool to cut the .vob to give you a better sample.

Thanks.
bart

It is working fine here, just make sure you have set FFDShow video decoder for MPEG-2 in MePo video setup.
BTW, your DVD sample is widescreen (720*480):

Code:
General
Complete name                    : F:\ab\N_VTS_01_0.VOB
Format                           : MPEG-PS
File size                        : 2.70 MiB

Video
ID                               : 224 (0xE0)
Format                           : MPEG Video
Format version                   : Version 2
Format profile                   : Main@Main
Format settings, BVOP            : No
Format settings, Matrix          : Default
Format settings, GOP             : N=1
Bit rate mode                    : Variable
Bit rate                         : 9 800 Kbps
Width                            : 720 pixels
Height                           : 480 pixels
Display aspect ratio             : 16:9
Frame rate                       : 29.970 fps
Standard                         : NTSC
Color space                      : YUV
Chroma subsampling               : 4:2:0
Bit depth                        : 8 bits
Scan type                        : Progressive
Scan order                       : Top Field First
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)               : 0.946

mediortal

Portal Member
July 28, 2009

Because saf5 has MPC codecs does that mean, it is basically identical to saf4+ffdshow+updates, does that mean if one just used mpc codecs in saf5, it is just behaving like saf4?

Also I noticed when using ffdshow video, it uses 50+ cpu, but if I disable "surface overlay" in hardware acc config, the cpu usage drops to very low. But then one cannot use subtitles or OSD info if overlay is disabled!

With MPC, subtitles and OSD have no effect on high cpu usage, if I start using only pdvd+mpc codecs and no ffdshow, would I be missing out on anything important?

Is there anyway to adjust the audio delay in MP1.1 the same way as in MPCHC?

That is, if I'm watching a video in MPCHC, and the audio is out of sync, I just press the "+/-" keys, and the delay is adjusted in ms, on the fly. Perfect!

Surely this can be achieved in MP, without a huge mess of configurations? :mad:

Try "CTRL+ALT+." or "CTRL+ALT+," (video delay)

does delaying the video use any extra resources compared to delaying the audio?

Anyway, I tried it, but my remote can control programs, that is I choose .exe files, like mP or mpchc, but how can I control ffdshow?

Plus see above, I'm thinking of not using ffdshow, is there nay other way to control audio delay in MPortal?

For now I'm using MPCHC as external player only for videos, but its a small pain to set up, plus I've installed separate MPCHC and Haali, if I go back to MP+saf5 for videos, did it mess with any saf5 settings?

thanks.

digdig

May 14, 2007
AW: SAF v5.00 experimental (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

Hi Hoborg,

I have a problem with hd .mov files from my camera. If I start them in graphstudio ffdshow dxva is used. As soon as I start the same video inside Mediaportal ffdshow (without dxva) is used. Do you have any ideas about that?

Thanks,
digdg

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Re: AW: SAF v5.00 experimental (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

Hi Hoborg,

I have a problem with hd .mov files from my camera. If I start them in graphstudio ffdshow dxva is used. As soon as I start the same video inside Mediaportal ffdshow (without dxva) is used. Do you have any ideas about that?

Thanks,
digdg

Not :/.
If it is working in Graphstudio, SAF is working correctly...

bart0190

Portal Pro
January 17, 2009

Thanks.
bart

It is working fine here, just make sure you have set FFDShow video decoder for MPEG-2 in MePo video setup.

Thanks.

Isn't it weird that I see in GraphStudio different Video Codecs even though it should be the same (ffdshow Video DVXA) for both .mkv?
Can I force the system to use the ffdshow video DVXA instead of the ffdshow video? (However I have set it up correctly in MP).

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country

Thanks.
bart

Thanks.

Isn't it weird that I see in GraphStudio different Video Codecs even though it should be the same (ffdshow Video DVXA) for both .mkv?
Can I force the system to use the ffdshow video DVXA instead of the ffdshow video? (However I have set it up correctly in MP).

No idea. As i told already - if it is working in Graphstudio, SAF is working correctly.

mouse

Portal Member
April 15, 2010
Home Country
Italy Italy

Sorry Hoborg I've some strange issue with the last (not sure about the SVN101001) releases of SAF. My sound card (ESI Juli@) is set to 192k and after a random time (5 min -10 min) the sound quality (both with livetv or dvd viewing) is poor with noticeable cracks and pops.
Any suggestions?
Great work anyway!!!:D

No idea. I was not able to reproduce any sound issues for long time.

It's confirmed that is something related to ffdshow audio decoder (the only setting is mix to 2 channel), with microsoft codecs no problem at all...

Memphys

Portal Member
November 29, 2007
Home Country
Italy Italy

Is it possible to upscale video using ffdshow dxva? or should i stick to just ffdshow without dxva if i want that feature? I've got a 1080p tv and almost all my content is in 720p so it's important to me to upscale it to 1080p. Thanks =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom