Codecs SAF v5.02 *final* (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder) (4 Viewers)

sPiel

Portal Pro
January 5, 2010
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Re: SAF v5.00 experimental (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

Hi

Is there any way to use a different decoder for SD h.264 media? I've found that the Cyberlink decoder works perfectly for all DXVA compliant HD media I have but has major issues with my archive of SD recorded tv (archived to h264 using handbrake). While ffdshow's DXVA decoder plays the SD media perfectly but is unable to play some (3 or 4) of my HD movies.

The perfect set up for me would be to have Cyberlink decode the HD media and ffdshow decode the SD media.

Is this possible?

P.S
-I'm using unlocked SAF
-My cpu won't handle 1080p but I have an ATI GPU which does DXVA

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

hoborg,

Dolby Surround Decoding is now working again for me too.

Thanks

Robbo100

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic

rojoyinc:
    Looks like you GPU have DxVA troubles - try update GPU drivers.
    *.qt/*.movsd stuttering - your CPU is too slow to play them.

Can you post your SAF logs? Look on system root.

Hi

Is there any way to use a different decoder for SD h.264 media? I've found that the Cyberlink decoder works perfectly for all DXVA compliant HD media I have but has major issues with my archive of SD recorded tv (archived to h264 using handbrake). While ffdshow's DXVA decoder plays the SD media perfectly but is unable to play some (3 or 4) of my HD movies.

The perfect set up for me would be to have Cyberlink decode the HD media and ffdshow decode the SD media.

Is this possible?

P.S
    -I'm using unlocked SAF
    -My cpu won't handle 1080p but I have an ATI GPU which does DXVA

It depends about file extensions *.TS will be played using PDVD, rest (MKV,M2TS,...) will use FFDshow DxVA if your GPU support it.

jobo1100

January 7, 2011

Hi.
    I have just purchased a new HTPC because of jerky playback on all HD material on my old HTPC.
    It has a Nvidia GT430 and an i5 Intel CPU.
    To my big surprise I get the same jerky playback now as I did with my old HTPC.
    If I turn off hardware acceleration (DXVA) and just use ffdshow software everything is smooth.
    What could possibly be the reason for this.
    I have even tried Coreavc and the same thing happens.
    I have replaced the dshowhelper.dll file and tried Mediaportal audio renderer.
    Still the same, some files are worse than others but they are all almost unwatchable to me.
    The CPU is powerfull enough so I have DXVA turned off for now, but it seems very strange.

PS: I have tried different Nvidia drivers also. Running the latest Beta now.

Thanks.

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country

jobo1100:

Does it stutter even if you play your video directly from Graphstudio?

chan

January 17, 2011

Hi,

I am bitstreaming audio to Receiver, Need help to resolve the following issue. I use ffdshow as my video and audio decoder in media portal codec setting.

With any SAF 5.00 build, Most my video is working nicely but TrueHD and LPCM will output as pink noise, other Audio is playing correclty. If i use SAF 4.00 all audio are working correctly. but some video won't play.

I try to solve this issue for last 2 days no sucess. What is the different with ffdshow audio decoder setting from 4.00 vs 5.00

How can i have a combination of video from SAF 5.00 and audio fro SAF 4.00.

Thanks

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country

Hi,

I am bitstreaming audio to Receiver, Need help to resolve the following issue. I use ffdshow as my video and audio decoder in media portal codec setting.

With any SAF 5.00 build, Most my video is working nicely but TrueHD and LPCM will output as pink noise, other Audio is playing correclty. If i use SAF 4.00 all audio are working correctly. but some video won't play.

I try to solve this issue for last 2 days no sucess. What is the different with ffdshow audio decoder setting from 4.00 vs 5.00

Thanks

SAF4 is not capable to passthrough HD audio.

chan

January 17, 2011

Hi,

Thanks

SAF4 is not capable to passthrough HD audio.

That's interesting :) I am getting HD audio perfectly with SAF4 (DTSHD MA, TRUEHD, LPCM), those light on my Receiver light up and sound correctly, with SAF5 only DTSHD MA is working, TRUEHD and LPCM will output as pink noise. Any idea?

rojoyinc

Portal Pro
    December 27, 2010

rojoyinc:
    Looks like you GPU have DxVA troubles - try update GPU drivers.

I'll go look for a update.

*.qt/*.movsd stuttering - your CPU is too slow to play them.

Oh no no no... media player plays them smooth as silk. These are only 640 res - My cpu plays 1080x1920 60fps - smooth as silk as well. The studdering is in the codec or conflict. I'll try to find another quicktime codec to install and keep messing with it. They played fine in MP before SAF install. (your request to uninstall everything prior to installing SAF) removed what ever was working. Previous to SAF install - I could play all 1080P files (my own HD videos) as well as every HD and HD3D movie I've tried.

Can you post your SAF logs? Look on system root.

I'll try - looking... I have SAF_LOGs.7z but it's dated 1-12-2011 (not real recent) I have a changelog.txt (even older).

Thanks for looking!

they are here http://www.ronkramer.net/SAF_LOGs.7z

For give my ignorance but....

With the TV codec.... though with SAF5 most of my previous stutterng is gone. I never get any stutters in the arcsoft player. (can't we just use the codec they're using?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom