Codecs SAF v5.02 *final* (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder) (2 Viewers)

UNOPARATOR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 19, 2007
    Istanbul
    Home Country
    Turkey Turkey
    @UNOPARATOR:

I will look on that file, still downloading...

OK, i downloaded "Falling.Skies.S01E03.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE.mkv" and the file play without any problem in Graphstudio using SAF6...
    With or without LAVF Audio Decoder? Or is it about LAVF Splitter and/or updated ffdshow version?

LAVF splitter -> LAVF audio decoder -> audio renderer
    It seems that this is the sign for me to finally try SAF6.
    Is there anything that I would miss from SAF5? (I'm using MP subtitles and HTPC --(HMDI)--> TV --(Stereo RCA)--> Amp.)

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have a question:

I have a few tv channels, which audio channels are Dolby Digital. I don't like that, because they play more loud and I can't change the audio volume.
    Is it possible, without using extra codecs, to let these channels play in stereo mode, without breaking my passthrough, when I watch movie.

:D

alltheway

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2009
    Hi hoborg,

Since SAF 5.02 is a final version, may I assume that the embedded content of the package will not be updated with newer versions of the codecs?

Ezaum

Portal Member
    March 25, 2009
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    With or without LAVF Audio Decoder? Or is it about LAVF Splitter and/or updated ffdshow version?

Is there anything that I would miss from SAF5? (I'm using MP subtitles and HTPC --(HMDI)--> TV --(Stereo RCA)--> Amp.)

Ok, I can confirm problems with the latest IMMERSE encodes, both episodes of Falling Skies and 4x02 of True Blood.
    I am still on SAF 4 and have been on it for 2 years without ANY SINGLE GLITCH. So can you guys confirm that SAF 5 or 6 will solve the problem? I am inclined to think that IMMERSE releases have some problem.

The other possible explanation is some new encoder or codec setting they have been using.

Can anyone else say something about this?

UNOPARATOR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 19, 2007
    Istanbul
    Home Country
    Turkey Turkey

Ok, I can confirm problems with the latest IMMERSE encodes, both episodes of Falling Skies and 4x02 of True Blood.
    I am still on SAF 4 and have been on it for 2 years without ANY SINGLE GLITCH. So can you guys confirm that SAF 5 or 6 will solve the problem? I am inclined to think that IMMERSE releases have some problem.

The other possible explanation is some new encoder or codec setting they have been using.

It is probably that IMMERSE uses some not so common settings that makes their releases incompatible with some codecs/players (you can read a little more details about it on my post 1 or 2 pages back)...

As hoborg mentioned with SAF6, they play fine (he tested Falling Skies Ep03 himself) but I still haven't had time to install SAF6 myself...

BlackBurn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

I installed SAF 6 yesterday and I can confirm it solves all the audio issues I had with several episodes.

I haven't tested all the different types of videos yet, but since it is still ffdshow (I came from SAF 5), I don't think it will cause eny problems.

bart0190

Portal Pro
    January 17, 2009
    Hi hoborg,
    I have onboard graphic ATI radeon HD 3200. It plays everything pretty well. However, I have sometimes stuttering, or better said one shutter in HD video in a while. It doesn't disturb a lot but I was wondering what will/might be improved if I change to another graphic card.
    Once you recommended to me
    ASUS EAH5450 SILENT/DI/1GD3(LP), Radeon HD 5450, 1GB DDR3, VGA, DVI, HDMI (90-C1CP20-L0UANABZ/90-C1CP2U-L0UANAYZ)

Is it still this one or maybe better
    ASUS EAH6450 SILENT/DI/1GD3(LP), Radeon HD 6450, 1GB DDR3, VGA, DVI, HDMI (90-C1CQ0F-L0UANAYZ

Do you or anybody else have experience with this card?
    Regards
    Bart

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hi hoborg,
    I have onboard graphic ATI radeon HD 3200. It plays everything pretty well. However, I have sometimes stuttering, or better said one shutter in HD video in a while. It doesn't disturb a lot but I was wondering what will/might be improved if I change to another graphic card.
    Once you recommended to me
    ASUS EAH5450 SILENT/DI/1GD3(LP), Radeon HD 5450, 1GB DDR3, VGA, DVI, HDMI (90-C1CP20-L0UANABZ/90-C1CP2U-L0UANAYZ)

Is it still this one or maybe better
    ASUS EAH6450 SILENT/DI/1GD3(LP), Radeon HD 6450, 1GB DDR3, VGA, DVI, HDMI (90-C1CQ0F-L0UANAYZ

Do you or anybody else have experience with this card?
    Regards
    Bart
    Hi.
    Oh, no ASUS, at last no ASUS6450...

Here is my Radeon tips:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/codecs-331/saf-v6-00-based-lavf-95635/index53.html#post759903

Tesla

Portal Pro
    January 30, 2009
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    When switching between analog audio jack (like when testing or using old amp)
    - and -
    connecting to amp via optical SPDIF digital audio ...

What is the easiest, most fool-proof way of doing that?

I have been doing:
    Uninstall, reboot
    Re-install (answering the install option question the other way), reboot

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom