Codecs SAF v5.02 *final* (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder) (2 Viewers)

sixgun

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 31, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    +OSD - press CTRL+ALT+O to display decoder OSD - for example good to see if DXVA is in use

This is an awesome piece of software / packaging which is IMO the only way to use MediaPortal these days.

But, being a geek I'd like to see the ffdshow OSD so I can look at things like bitrate, CPU usage and audio format/channels while watching in full screen. I tried Ctrl +Alt + O and it didn't do anything.

Is there some other setup I need to perform before this will work?

Regards.

PS - DTS-MA works on my setup using this. Nice one :D

You should use SAF6, SAF5 is outdated now.
    I've only just moved up from v4, so I'll stick with 5.02 for a while. Is v6 stable yet?

OSD only working if FFDshow DXVA / video decoders are in use.
    I assumed they were because when I run in windowed mode playing a 1080p MKV my CPU usage hovers between 1 and 5%. And i've set my h264 codec to be ffdshow DXVA

Thanks

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Hi,

I don't actually want to install a codec pack, but I can't seem to find a simple download link to ffdshow dxva. Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Mark

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Hi,

I don't actually want to install a codec pack, but I can't seem to find a simple download link to ffdshow dxva. Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Mark

It doesnot exist. FFDshow DXVA decoder is part of FFDShow.

Which version do I need for DXVA?

Thanks,

Mark

Gfer

Portal Member
    November 29, 2009
    How would I control FFDShow DXVA with a remote while playing a video in MediaPortal? I'd like to be able to switch between subtitle streams using just the remote. The MPC-HC subtitle engine seems to work fine for me, but should it ever fail, I'd like the option of controlling the FFDShow codec.

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    How would I control FFDShow DXVA with a remote while playing a video in MediaPortal? I'd like to be able to switch between subtitle streams using just the remote. The MPC-HC subtitle engine seems to work fine for me, but should it ever fail, I'd like the option of controlling the FFDShow codec.

Ctrl +Alt + NUMPAD0 and Ctrl +Alt + NUMPAD1 will swith audio/subtitles tracks, but your remote must support keymaping.

Gfer

Portal Member
    November 29, 2009

Ctrl +Alt + NUMPAD0 and Ctrl +Alt + NUMPAD1 will swith audio/subtitles tracks, but your remote must support keymaping.

Okay, I have an MCE remote. How would I map those keystrokes to buttons on the remote? Could I use something like Autohotkey?

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: SAF v5.02 *final* (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

MP Config -> Remote -> MCE -> Mapping ;)

Gfer

Portal Member
    November 29, 2009
    Re: AW: SAF v5.02 *final* (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

MP Config -> Remote -> MCE -> Mapping ;)

Then what? Should I use the key pressed action and the 'key' field? I tried that earlier, but it doesn't let me input CTRL+ALT+NUMPAD0.

Edit: I used EventGhost to bind a remote button to CTRL+ALT+S, which enables or disable subtitles. That works. However switching between subtitles using CTRL+ALT+Numpad0 doesn't work using neither a key mapped to the remote nor the keyboard. I'll try configuring FFDShow so that switching subtitle streams is bound to something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom