Codecs SAF v5.02 *final* (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder) (1 Viewer)

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Hi,
I have some EVR related issues with SD materiel. No logs in this post - I am at work. I also have HDTV / .ts HD file playback issues. The two issues are probably unrelated.

System is two hardware identical clients using Asrock Ion 330HT (one client with WINXP SP3, one with WIN7 32bit Home Premium) and Server (WHS v1). MP 1.2 final + SAF 5.02 settings as per post 1.

SD live TV & .ts files
When using EVR video renderer on the WIN7 machine, SD video and live SDTV playback at aprox. 33 frames/s. It should be 50 hz. This issue is replicated on several laptops also running WIN7.
If I change settings on WIN7 client to use VMR9, playback is 50 frames/sec :confused:
On the WINXP client, SD playback and live SDTV always play at 50 frames (using VMR9). However, I have to use SAF 5 v. 08162010 to avoid periodical stutter, including audio fall-out.

HD live TV & .ts files
Playback of 720P and 1080i TV/.ts depends on output resolution: If output is set to 720P, 720P live TV is "almost smooth", but 1080i stutters badly. If output is set to 1080P, 720P drops frames like crazy - playback around 38-39 frames/sec - but 1080i plays "almost smooth". I have tried several NVidia drivers, no difference. 290xx, 275xx, 270xx, 191xx.
WIN7 and XP machines have similar issues here - EVR or VMR9 makes no difference here. I have tried MS-DTV codecs (on WIN7) as well as SAF default (PowerDVD 10). PowerDVD seemed to drop less frames, but same overall picture.

What kind of logs would be needed?
:D
Try to play your media outside MePo - in graphstudio.

rogerleifert

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2009
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: SAF v5.02 *final* (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

Hi Hoborg,

First of all many THX for Your great contribution to MP with SAF.
    I have discovered it today (after 3 years with MP) and it works like a charm from the first moment on!
    For the first time I have deinterlacing working and it's perfect!!!

I have thrown away all other codecs that I tried before (as you say is best before installing SAF).

I only have one problem:
    Watching DVDs doesn't work anymore.
    If have set DVD-Navigator/ffdshow Video Decoder/ffdshow Audio Decoder in the Codecs&Renderer-section of MP-coonfiguration as you suggest on your first post.

Audio is OK, but the picture is scrambled???

Does this have something to do with the "locked" version of SAF or because I uninstalled all other codecs (DIVX-Player, K-Lite Codec Pack, Hauppauge TV7...) before installing SAF?

Just have found:
    Trying to play DVD with WMP11 crashes WMP11. Playing with DVD with MPC-HC gives the same scrambled picture as with MP and Graphstudio.

Kind regards

Roger

Attachments

• Graph.jpg
      Graph.jpg
      55.5 KB
    • Scrambled DVD.jpg
      Scrambled DVD.jpg
      45.2 KB

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Re: AW: SAF v5.02 *final* (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

Hi Hoborg,

First of all many THX for Your great contribution to MP with SAF.
    I have discovered it today (after 3 years with MP) and it works like a charm from the first moment on!
    For the first time I have deinterlacing working and it's perfect!!!

I have thrown away all other codecs that I tried before (as you say is best before installing SAF).

I only have one problem:
    Watching DVDs doesn't work anymore.
    If have set DVD-Navigator/ffdshow Video Decoder/ffdshow Audio Decoder in the Codecs&Renderer-section of MP-coonfiguration as you suggest on your first post.

Audio is OK, but the picture is scrambled???

Does this have something to do with the "locked" version of SAF or because I uninstalled all other codecs (DIVX-Player, K-Lite Codec Pack, Hauppauge TV7...) before installing SAF?

Just have found:
    Trying to play DVD with WMP11 crashes WMP11. Playing with DVD with MPC-HC gives the same scrambled picture as with MP and Graphstudio.

Kind regards

Roger

Looks like your GPU deosnot like NV12 colorspaces...
    What GPU do you have? Did you tryed SAF6?

rogerleifert

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2009
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: SAF v5.02 *final* (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

Hi Hoborg,

just downloaded SAF6.

After some de- and reinstalling of SAF5/SAF6 to get rid of a few error-messages now everything works 100% fine https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

:D for the great software packages and your support.

Looks like your GPU deosnot like NV12 colorspaces...
    What GPU do you have? Did you tryed SAF6?

I have set ATI-CCC to YCbCr 4:4:4 output because I thought that this is the best/native format.
    Is that what you mean NV12 colorspace-problems?

Strangely my TV-set (applied over HDMI) sometimes reverses the colours for a few minutes during playback and then reverts to normal.
    But this also happens with YCbCr 4:2:2 or RGB 4:4:4 setting in ATI-CCC.

Kind regards

Roger

rogerleifert

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2009
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: SAF v5.02 *final* (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

Hi Hoborg,

I have dual graphics adapter in my HTPC:

#1.) TV-set is attached to ATI HD 4200

#2.) Touchscreen and TFT for Windows Desktop is attached to ATI HD 4550.

I know, it would be better to attach the TV-set to the slightly better HD 4550, but this configuration is the only combination that really works.

In ffdshow-configuration/output I didn't change the default/profile settings.
    There "NV12", "YUV2" and "UYVY" are checked and "YV12" is not checked in profile "200 MPEG-2 SD" and profile "210 MPEG-2 HD".

Should I change this to YV12?

Kind regards

Roger

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Re: AW: Re: SAF v5.02 *final* (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

Hi Hoborg,

I have dual graphics adapter in my HTPC:

#1.) TV-set is attached to ATI HD 4200

#2.) Touchscreen and TFT for Windows Desktop is attached to ATI HD 4550.

I know, it would be better to attach the TV-set to the slightly better HD 4550, but this configuration is the only combination that really works.

In ffdshow-configuration/output I didn't change the default/profile settings.
    There "NV12", "YUV2" and "UYVY" are checked and "YV12" is not checked in profile "200 MPEG-2 SD" and profile "210 MPEG-2 HD".

Should I change this to YV12?

Kind regards

Roger

Do some experiments :)
    NV12 is only one to alow you full HW deinterlacing.

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    hoborg: Is it possible for you to update the SAF5 package with i.e. the last versions of ffdshow? I know you have to maintain two codec packs then, but based on different codecs. ffdshow and LAVF. Maybe one updated version of SAF5 ones in a while?
    mpaudiorenderer is not working with LAVF and i have good results with ffdshow based SAF5.

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    @hoborg: Is it possible for you to update the SAF5 package with i.e. the last versions of ffdshow? I know you have to maintain two codec packs then, but based on different codecs. ffdshow and LAVF. Maybe one updated version of SAF5 ones in a while?

Hi.
    Why? SAF6 is preaty good.
    Next version of SAF6 should introduce audio delay and it should be working with MePo audio renderer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom