Codecs SAF v5.02 *final* (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder) (1 Viewer)

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Re: AW: SAF v5.02 *final* (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

MP Config -> Remote -> MCE -> Mapping ;)

Then what? Should I use the key pressed action and the 'key' field? I tried that earlier, but it doesn't let me input CTRL+ALT+NUMPAD0.

Edit: I used EventGhost to bind a remote button to CTRL+ALT+S, which enables or disable subtitles. That works. However switching between subtitles using CTRL+ALT+Numpad0 doesn't work using neither a key mapped to the remote nor the keyboard. I'll try configuring FFDShow so that switching subtitle streams is bound to something else.

It is only working if FFDshow video decoder/FFDshow DXVA decoder is in use.

Gfer

Portal Member
November 29, 2009
I experimented a little bit and I found that I had to disable the MPC-HC subtitle engine in MediaPortal in order to switch subtitle streams using FFDshow. Isn't there anyway to use both?

flixxx

Portal Pro
December 7, 2007
Hello,

SAF4 works fantastic.

I wanted to upgrade to SAF5. The videos in 1080p all play in slow motion. 720p works fine.

I tried to reinstall it with passthrough disabled = same issue.
I have the ACER Revo 3610.
Running Windows XP

I tried playing the file in MPC-HC and the same problem occurs. DXVA shows enabled.
Studio Graph shows that it uses FFDshow, default audio and VMR9.

Audio device in my control panel shows the Nvidia for sound output.

I also tried SAF6, same problem.

Any advice on what I can try?

flixxx

Portal Pro
December 7, 2007
FFDshow video decoder or FFDshow DXVA video decoder?

Saf 5.02:

1080p mkv file:

Vid and subs go to FFDShow DXVA Video Decoder and then to VMR9
Audio goes indo FFdshow Audio Decoder and then to Default Directsound device (Which is configured as my Nvidia High definition audio). The sound is passing through HDMI to my AV receiver.

720p mkv file:

Vid and subs go to FFDShow DXVA Video Decoder and then to VMR9
Audio goes indo FFdshow Audio Decoder and then to Default Directsound device (Which is configured as my Nvidia High definition audio). The sound is passing through HDMI to my AV receiver.

Basically same path. 720p works, 1080p doesn't (I either get audio way off sync or the video plays in slowmotion. I don't see a pattern, it's either or)
If i revert back to SAF4 it works flawleslly.

Dirty Duck

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 11, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: SAF v5.02 *final* (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

Hello,

I have nearly the same problem. I also using a Nvidia ION HTPC. With SAF 4 the DXVA works fine for me, CPU load is about 15-25% @ 1080p.

With SAF 5 or SAF 6 there is a stuttering playback and frame droppes. The CPU load increases to 50% (one core at the max) in spite of DXVA is enabled.

I guess there is a problem with the ION Geforce 9400 gpu and FFDSHOW. I have no other idea.

So at the moment the working solution for me is to using SAF 4.

flixxx

Portal Pro
    December 7, 2007
    Re: AW: SAF v5.02 *final* (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

Hello,

I have nearly the same problem. I also using a Nvidia ION HTPC. With SAF 4 the DXVA works fine for me, CPU load is about 15-25% @ 1080p.

With SAF 5 or SAF 6 there is a stuttering playback and frame droppes. The CPU load increases to 50% (one core at the max) in spite of DXVA is enabled.

I guess there is a problem with the ION Geforce 9400 gpu and FFDSHOW. I have no other idea.

So at the moment the working solution for me is to using SAF 4.

If that's the case it's too bad.

It seems like i needed to update it to get the latest blurays to work. Doesn't seem like bluray handler is able to do it with the newest files and it recommends SAF5

JACOB B

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi,
    I have some EVR related issues with SD materiel. No logs in this post - I am at work. I also have HDTV / .ts HD file playback issues. The two issues are probably unrelated.

System is two hardware identical clients using Asrock Ion 330HT (one client with WINXP SP3, one with WIN7 32bit Home Premium) and Server (WHS v1). MP 1.2 final + SAF 5.02 settings as per post 1.

SD live TV & .ts files
    When using EVR video renderer on the WIN7 machine, SD video and live SDTV playback at aprox. 33 frames/s. It should be 50 hz. This issue is replicated on several laptops also running WIN7.
    If I change settings on WIN7 client to use VMR9, playback is 50 frames/sec :confused:
    On the WINXP client, SD playback and live SDTV always play at 50 frames (using VMR9). However, I have to use SAF 5 v. 08162010 to avoid periodical stutter, including audio fall-out.

HD live TV & .ts files
    Playback of 720P and 1080i TV/.ts depends on output resolution: If output is set to 720P, 720P live TV is "almost smooth", but 1080i stutters badly. If output is set to 1080P, 720P drops frames like crazy - playback around 38-39 frames/sec - but 1080i plays "almost smooth". I have tried several NVidia drivers, no difference. 290xx, 275xx, 270xx, 191xx.
    WIN7 and XP machines have similar issues here - EVR or VMR9 makes no difference here. I have tried MS-DTV codecs (on WIN7) as well as SAF default (PowerDVD 10). PowerDVD seemed to drop less frames, but same overall picture.

What kind of logs would be needed?
    :D

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Jacob,

I personaly think this is not a codec issue but a limitation of your systems. I've seen it before that ion systems with buildin GPU just don't have enough capacity to run HD material smooth.

Greetings,

Wouter

JACOB B

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi Jacob,

I personaly think this is not a codec issue but a limitation of your systems. I've seen it before that ion systems with buildin GPU just don't have enough capacity to run HD material smooth.

Greetings,

Wouter

That might explain the HD issues, but not the massive frame drop in SD by EVR in win7?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom