Codecs SAF v5.02 *final* (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder) (1 Viewer)

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Re: SAF v5.00 experimental (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

Yes it does, but it renders with ffdshow, not ffdshow DXVA.

Yep pretty sure it is subtitle related. Nothing with embedded subs in the mkv is working in MP, and outside of MP, its rendering with ffdshow.

Scrap that, not subs. Found a file with embedded subs that plays ok and is using ffdshow DXVA.

Could it be Level 5.1 that's the problem?

Attachments

• ffdshow.JPG
      ffdshow.JPG
      53.2 KB

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic

Yes it does, but it renders with ffdshow, not ffdshow DXVA.

Yep pretty sure it is subtitle related. Nothing with embedded subs in the mkv is working in MP, and outside of MP, its rendering with ffdshow.

Hm, can be MePo (and integrated subtitle engine) problem after all.
    If you are on MePo, you should not enable FFDshow subtitles durning SAF install.
    If video play in Graphstudio, then all is OK.
    You can manually delete FFDshow filter in grapstudio and add FFDshow DXVA decoder and reconect pins.

BTW, are you sure this video is DXVA compatible?

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country

Not sure I understand the bit about enabling ffdshow subtitles. I answered "No" to the question about installing DirectVobSub, because I am running MP 1.1.0 RC 1. What wasn't clear to me was how I should actually configure MP with respect to subs, as the only options are MPC-HC, DirectVobSub and disabled. I left it at MPC-HC and that seems to work.

Yeah I suspect it isn't DXVA compatible. Hence the question about L5.1, as I seem to recall something about DXVA only supports up to L4 profile. That, and the fact that dropping it into graphstudio results in ffdshow and not ffdshow DXVA being put into the graph. MPC-HC also plays with ffdshow and not ffdshow DXVA.

Regardless, it should still render with ffdshow in MP.

EDIT: OK, changed MP to use ffdshow for H.264 and it works, so I think it definitely is the Level 5.1 encoding that is the problem.

Video
    ID : 1
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : High@L5.1
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, ReFrames : 10 frames
    Muxing mode : Container profile=Unknown@5.1
    Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
    Duration : 1h 55mn
    Bit rate : 4 949 Kbps
    Nominal bit rate : 5 054 Kbps
    Width : 1 280 pixels
    Height : 720 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate : 23.976 fps
    Resolution : 8 bits
    Colorimetry : 4:2:0
    Scan type : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.224
    Stream size : 3.98 GiB (91%)
    Writing library : x264 core 57 svn-709C
    Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=7 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x133 / me=umh / fpel_cmp=sad / subme=7 / me-prepass=0 / brdo=1 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / chroma_qp_offset=0 / threads=6 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / mbaff=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=1 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / wpredb=1 / bime=1 / keyint=240 / keyint_min=24 / scenecut=40(pre) / rc=2pass / bitrate=5054 / ratetol=1.0 / rceq='blurCplx^(1-qComp)' / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / ip_ratio=1.40 / pb_ratio=1.30
    Language : English

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country

Not sure I understand the bit about enabling ffdshow subtitles. I answered "No" to the question about installing DirectVobSub, because I am running MP 1.1.0 RC 1.

Yeah I suspect it isn't DXVA compatible. Hence the question about L5.1, as I seem to recall something about DXVA only supports up to L4 profile. That, and the fact that dropping it into graphstudio results in ffdshow and not ffdshow DXVA being put into the graph. MPC-HC also plays with ffdshow and not ffdshow DXVA.

DirectVobSub is not part of SAF 5.00 any longer and you are right, this video is not DXVA compatible.
    You are on XP - there are limit (ATI+nVidia) on XP level 5.1 up to 5 ref. frames. If video have 6 or more, DXVA will be off and instead of FFDShow DXVA decoder, standard FFDshow decoder will be in use (like on your graph).

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country

Not sure I understand the bit about enabling ffdshow subtitles. I answered "No" to the question about installing DirectVobSub, because I am running MP 1.1.0 RC 1.

DirectVobSub is not part of SAF 5.00 any longer and you are right, this video is not DXVA compatible.
    You are on XP - there are limit (ATI+nVidia) on XP level 5.1 up to 5 ref. frames. If video have 6 or more, DXVA will be off and instead of FFDShow DXVA decoder, standard FFDshow decoder will be in use (like on your graph).

OK, that makes sense, but why won't MP fallback to play this file with ffdshow, like MPC-HC does? It just bombs out and won't play.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Playback of some .mkv's doesn't work

Hi hoborg!

If i try to play some .mkv's i get the fallowing error:

attachment.php

Its the same file with splitted screen some weeks ago (i hope you remember)?

Could you please help to fix it?

Best regards

Helios

Attachments

• Bild003.jpg
      Bild003.jpg
      208.2 KB

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country

Helios61
    Does your sample work in Graphstudio?

I think the problem is the same as globaldonkey have.

I think the problem is in MP - if video is not DXVA compatible, MP throw error instead to fall back from FFDshow DXVA decoder to FFDshow reguler decoder...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom