Codecs SAF v5.02 *final* (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder) (5 Viewers)

BigDoom

Portal Pro
April 15, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Re: SAF v5.00 experimental (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

does someone know why LPCM audio streams are not being decoded when playing a mpls file? When i use graphedit everything works fine ffdshow decodes the stream but in mp the stream goes directly to the renderer and is not being decoded. This gives me a very weird noise :?

Attachments

• graph_MediaPortal PID (C98) IFilterGraph = 49269E0.jpg
    graph_MediaPortal PID (C98) IFilterGraph = 49269E0.jpg
    49.5 KB
  • graphstudio.jpg
    graphstudio.jpg
    33.1 KB

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic

does someone know why LPCM audio streams are not being decoded when playing a mpls file? When i use graphedit everything works fine ffdshow decodes the stream but in mp the stream goes directly to the renderer and is not being decoded. This gives me a very weird noise :?

Try to add FFDshow audio decoder to MePo postprocessing.

BigDoom

Portal Pro
April 15, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

Try to add FFDshow audio decoder to MePo postprocessing.

allready did in video postprocessing but that didn't help

mmesh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2004
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

Hi!

This codec pack is almost perfect for me but for one problem:

I get picture and sound freeze on 720p mkv files on random occasions - as if video and audio is paused but it acctualy continues to play in the background until I press stop.
    If I continue to play the same file it continues from the time it froze + time it took for me to press stop on my remote. In logs I don't see any errors but I'll change the logging to "Debug" and post the logs later when I'm at home.

Does anyone else have the same problem?

I searched through this thread but could not find any such problem.

This happens only with MPC MKV splitter. If I install Haali spliiters after SAF v5.0 these 720p mkv are playing fine but then I loose the option to play m2ts files with DTS-HD and TrueHD audio streams.

System info:
    OS is Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, no other packs installed, graphic card is ATI 4670 with HDMI out (1920x1080 video and 5.1 audio), MP 1.1 RC3 fresh install.

Jocker_Boy

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2008
    Lisbon
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal

Hi!

This codec pack is almost perfect for me but for one problem:

I get picture and sound freeze on 720p mkv files on random occasions - as if video and audio is paused but it acctualy continues to play in the background until I press stop.
    If I continue to play the same file it continues from the time it froze + time it took for me to press stop on my remote. In logs I don't see any errors but I'll change the logging to "Debug" and post the logs later when I'm at home.

Does anyone else have the same problem?

I searched through this thread but could not find any such problem.

This happens only with MPC MKV splitter. If I install Haali spliiters after SAF v5.0 these 720p mkv are playing fine but then I loose the option to play m2ts files with DTS-HD and TrueHD audio streams.

System info:
    OS is Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, no other packs installed, graphic card is ATI 4670 with HDMI out (1920x1080 video and 5.1 audio), MP 1.1 RC3 fresh install.

I don't have that problem.
    But, just curiosity. You can passthrough DTS-HD and TrueHD to your receiver with your ATI 4670?
    Maybe the problem is there, you can't bitstream DTS-HD and TrueHD with that card, so is your CPU who is decoding the audio, making a downmix to DTS and DD, but if is this there is no reason for you to have that problem.

luckyaua

Portal Member
    August 5, 2008

I've solve all adobe codec problem...all ok with last SVN.

So...i've try to use ffdshow dxva with mkv files....720P file all ok but if i view a 1080p mkv i must disable postprocessing (Surface overlay)...so nothing OSD...because if i use POstprocessing the video are slow...with problem...only with 1080p mkv files.

Another question...how can i view the audio decoder OSD too with ctrl-alt-O?

Thanks.

Juggels

Portal Member
    January 12, 2008

Hi,
    I'm having a little trouble playing SD (xvid/divx) files properly. Once in a while the video will freeze for ~5 seconds while the audio continues. The pictures actually jumps ahead ~5 seconds and waits for the audio to catch up and then continues... :confused:
    I've tried using both the ffdshow video decoder and the cyberlink decoder. Is it possible to create some kind of log?
    HD vidoes plays ok. (Although not at fluently as I'd hoped. I might try the cyberlink for that too instead of ffdshow dxva)

:D

BR, Thomas Fogh

This sounds familiar for me! However, I don't have the issue when playing SD files though but when playing HD files with ffdshow dxva... It used to play perfectly in RC2, so maybe something happened to the internal player with the release of RC3?

[UPDATE]
    Hmmz... I did some more research and right now I'm not completely sure that it's being caused by MePo... I will investigate some more first.

T-Buster

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2007
    LDK
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: SAF v5.00 experimental (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

I reinstall Win 7 and RC 3, and i give SAF 5 a try, everything works fine, but DIVX/XVID stutter extrem, i test to Play a DIVX XVID File in Graph Studio, and there i have the same Problem :( , can somone help me?

Twinturbo

Portal Pro
    March 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

I installed RC03 and now I have no subtitles in mkv.files again :(

Will try the latest SAF and see if that solves the problem...

Edit: I had to install the patch again to get the subtitles working....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom