Codecs SAF v5.02 *final* (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder) (1 Viewer)

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Re: SAF v5.00 experimental (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

Ok I now tested the recommended SAF 5 codec setting wth a disillusioning result: DXVA (better: every HW based deinterlacing) does not work with PDVD either. The result looks exactly the same than in ffdshow (DXVA). The video is not being de-interlaced. For testing I switched off DXVA (per start menu link - but codec settings confirmed). Then the video looked fine but CPU usage was very high and thus 1080i did not reach 50fps but 20 (which really stutters). Is there any solution to get hw based deinterlacing work onto core i3 either with WinXP or Win7?

This pointing to broken GPU drivers (not working DXVA/HW deinterlacing).
Solution? Get ATI 5450 or wait until Intel fix it :D

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

Hi hoborg,

Im having stutter problems with my live hd-tv channels. Im using W7x64 MP1.1RC3, SAF5.0 (unlocked) with powerdvd decoder. ATI at forced vector de-int.
my quick off-topic question is
1- can a HD4350 (1gb) handle 1080 vector adaptive deinterlacing? I mean, technically yes, but is it fluent or pushing the card very hard.
2- would a HD5450 or 5550 be able to do this with ease?

thank for any response hoborg. :)

mrkk

Portal Pro
June 14, 2007
Home Country
Finland Finland

Dumb question.

Is there a some setting that allows me to watch/listen BlueRay rip muxed to MKV with DTS audio with my integrated analog stereo audio ?

Now my rips with such audio play with high stutter.

I'm using most recent SAF -version and have had this problem since SAF 3-4 I guess.

thnx,
mrkk

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country

Hi hoborg,

Im having stutter problems with my live hd-tv channels. Im using W7x64 MP1.1RC3, SAF5.0 (unlocked) with powerdvd decoder. ATI at forced vector de-int.
1- can a HD4350 (1gb) handle 1080 vector adaptive deinterlacing? I mean, technically yes, but is it fluent or pushing the card very hard.

Hi.
Hard to say.

My ATI5450 can handle it without any problem, but i tested only TS recording outside MePo (in Graphstudio).

pgroe

Portal Member
May 7, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany

Ok I now tested the recommended SAF 5 codec setting wth a disillusioning result: DXVA (better: every HW based deinterlacing) does not work with PDVD either. The result looks exactly the same than in ffdshow (DXVA). The video is not being de-interlaced. For testing I switched off DXVA (per start menu link - but codec settings confirmed). Then the video looked fine but CPU usage was very high and thus 1080i did not reach 50fps but 20 (which really stutters). Is there any solution to get hw based deinterlacing work onto core i3 either with WinXP or Win7?

This pointing to broken GPU drivers (not working DXVA/HW deinterlacing).
Solution? Get ATI 5450 or wait until Intel fix it :D

Sry, but this does not sound very funny to me :( Especially because my family wants to see TV :p Is it maybe possible to get vector adaptive deinterlacing by cpu until intel has fixed the drivers?

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country

Hi hoborg,

I think the 4350 would struggle with 1080i H.264. Should do 1080p H.264 and will probably also 1080i MPEG-2, but the combination of H.264 + de-interlacing is probably too much for this card.

mrkk

Portal Pro
    June 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

Addition to my problem few posts away.

I tried with m2ts from blueray and it works perfectly with DTS-sounds.

Is there something with my rig that breaks sound with DTS in MKV-container ?

I've used both MakeMKV and Toolnix mkv-maker...

thnx

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country

thnx

Try MKV merge.

mrkk

Portal Pro
    June 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

thnx

Try MKV merge.

Tried already. Is it possible that Haali does something different ? Or am I way off ?

eXces

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 21, 2008
    Verona, Italy
    Home Country
    Moldova Moldova

Hi Hoborg. Thanks for your BIG contribution to Mediaportal Comunity. I have a feature request. Can u please implement a shortcut for subtitle delay in to your SAFf? I have a problem with some subtitles not being synchronized. In Mediaportal there is an option for changing this but u cant do it on the fly while watching movies, so i use MPC-HC to do this. They have there implemented 2 keyboard shortcuts: F1 and F2. I was wondering if u could do the same here.
    Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom