Codecs SAF v5.02 *final* (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder) (2 Viewers)

flohamburg

Portal Member
May 18, 2010
Hamburg
Home Country
Germany Germany
Re: SAF v5.00 experimental (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

I have installed SAF 5 and i can´t watch my .mkv files. What should I do ?

taalas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 30, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Don't know if this has happened to anyone before but lately some of my videos show the FFDSHOW OSD on startup (even though it is disabled by default and wasn't enabled during the last video). Just a minor nuisance but strange nonetheless...

robhawk

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 20, 2008
    Thuringia
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Don't know if this has happened to anyone before but lately some of my videos show the FFDSHOW OSD on startup (even though it is disabled by default and wasn't enabled during the last video). Just a minor nuisance but strange nonetheless...

I can confirm this, i had the OSD in "ffdshow video DXVA"...

luckyaua

Portal Member
    August 5, 2008

I've try to use ffdshow dxva with mkv files....720P file all ok but if i view a 1080p mkv i must disable postprocessing (Surface overlay)...so nothing OSD...because if i use POstprocessing the video are slow...with problem...only with 1080p mkv files.

Another question...how can i view the audio decoder OSD too with ctrl-alt-O?

Thanks.

GeYe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: SAF v5.00 experimental (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

I can confirm this, i had the OSD in "ffdshow video DXVA"...

Can confirm this too. Stopping and Starting again help sometimes, than the osd is not showing anymore. Don't see this in the other releases. Also tried to delete all defined keybinds, but this don't helped.

CrazyChris

Portal Member
    December 20, 2006
    AW: SAF v5.00 experimental (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

Yesterday i upgrade my HTPC to RC4 and latest SAF 5. Some videos seems not to work properly. The videos doesn't start and the screen flicker for a second. Are there any debugging options? I can't find any logfiles. :( Also, Bitstreaming is not very stable. I have problems with some DVDs. (DTS Bitstreaming over HDMI) My receiver lost the signal some times. With latest AC3 Filter did it work perfekt.

Sys:
    XP SP3, Radeon HD 4550 Cat 10.5, MP RC4, Onkyo TX SR 606 Receiver

I think it would be usefull to upgrade my videocard to Radeon HD 5450 for DTS-HD Bitstreaming. Is Bitstreaming and ffdshow (audio) more stable with these card? I am a little bit disappointed with the 4550 a i would like to use a Nvidia Card but HD Bitstreaming is not supported yet. :( I hate these ATI drivers...

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

I'm also having some strange issue's... Some of my H264 content is playing under standard ffdShow and not ffdShow DXVA.... Very strange, have not had this problem until latest upgrade to RC4 and SAF Beta26.

ToXIc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2009
    Home Country
    Re: AW: SAF v5.00 experimental (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

Yesterday i upgrade my HTPC to RC4 and latest SAF 5. Some videos seems not to work properly. The videos doesn't start and the screen flicker for a second. Are there any debugging options? I can't find any logfiles. :( Also, Bitstreaming is not very stable. I have problems with some DVDs. (DTS Bitstreaming over HDMI) My receiver lost the signal some times. With latest AC3 Filter did it work perfekt.

Sys:
    XP SP3, Radeon HD 4550 Cat 10.5, MP RC4, Onkyo TX SR 606 Receiver

I think it would be usefull to upgrade my videocard to Radeon HD 5450 for DTS-HD Bitstreaming. Is Bitstreaming and ffdshow (audio) more stable with these card? I am a little bit disappointed with the 4550 a i would like to use a Nvidia Card but HD Bitstreaming is not supported yet. :( I hate these ATI drivers...

i recently purchased a 5750 and the bitstreaming works great with the 10.4 drivers and no EDID....

i got this card http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150448&Tpk=N82E16814150448

by the way do you have a flickering problem with your display using the onkyo when its powered on?

CrazyChris

Portal Member
    December 20, 2006
    AW: SAF v5.00 experimental (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

I think the flicker problem is a codec problem with ffdshow included in SAF5. With SAF4 (and the included MPC Codecs) is it stable.

Work DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD Bitstreaming without any problems?

ToXIc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2009
    Home Country
    Re: AW: SAF v5.00 experimental (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

I think the flicker problem is a codec problem with ffdshow included in SAF5. With SAF4 (and the included MPC Codecs) is it stable.

Work DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD Bitstreaming without any problems?

i use ffdshow but not from SAF (cant remember the version)
    i have issues with it not bitstreaming in windows programs (it comes over as a PCM) but ffdshow works flawlessly with the card... never really had any issues with it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom