Codecs SAF v5.02 *final* (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder) (2 Viewers)

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Re: SAF v5.00 experimental (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

eXces
If you are using SAF (FFDShow) subtitle engine, just press CTRL+ALT+numpad +/- for "on the fly" subtitles delay.

eXces

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 21, 2008
    Verona, Italy
    Home Country
    Moldova Moldova

@eXces
    If you are using SAF (FFDShow) subtitle engine, just press CTRL+ALT+numpad +/- for "on the fly" subtitles delay.

Thx. Its working if i am using ffdshow subtitiles engine, but if i use mediaportal built in subtitle engine it's not. When playing xvid/divx (avi container) videos its not a problem, but watching 720p and 1080p (mkv) videos it will disable DXVA and will put on knees my processor. Any workaround?

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country

Thx. Its working if i am using ffdshow subtitiles engine, but if i use mediaportal built in subtitle engine it's not. Any workaround?
    You need ask in correct thread, not here, this is not SAF related.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Hi hoborg,

Im having stutter problems with my live hd-tv channels. Im using W7x64 MP1.1RC3, SAF5.0 (unlocked) with powerdvd decoder. ATI at forced vector de-int.
    my quick off-topic question is
    1- can a HD4350 (1gb) handle 1080 vector adaptive deinterlacing? I mean, technically yes, but is it fluent or pushing the card very hard.
    2- would a HD5450 or 5550 be able to do this with ease?

thank for any response hoborg. :)

Hi.
    Hard to say.

My ATI5450 can handle it without any problem, but i tested only TS recording outside MePo (in Graphstudio).

@Hoborg, can you test for me with MP and or Graphstudio what the load is of your ATI5450 when watching HD TV + deinterlacing? You can monitor the GPU activity (and temperature) in CCC overdrive tab . :) I found out/learned it does matter if you have full screen or windowed small screen, so can you specify that ? :) If its too much fuzz its ok as well.
    The load of ATI4350 is with
    1/2 screen ~60%
    3/4 screen ~70-85%
    1/1 screen (not tested yet, will do tonight)

@globaldonkey Thanks for the response too :)

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country

edterbak
    Can you provide testing sample (i do not have acess to HDTV)?

I will only test under Graphstudio, i do not have MePo installed on my HTPC.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

@edterbak

Hi Hoborg,

I created a captures (TS)
    It is avc1 (MPEG2 1920x1080) 25fps if im not mistaking...

You can grab it here:
    https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B5Fv4ZUMn12ZMjNhMzg0ZmUtMDhmMC00MTkzLTk3YjAtZTdiZjkxNWUyYTA0&hl=en

i tested this file in full screen in graphedit and mepo. its between 77-83% activity of the hd4350
    Funny thing is, the GPU activity is fairly constant. The CPU load throttles from 20-90% up and down every time I see a frame-drop is about to occur.

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country

@edterbak

Hi Hoborg,

I created a captures (TS)
    It is avc1 (MPEG2 1920x1080) 25fps if im not mistaking...

You can grab it here:
    https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B5Fv4ZUMn12ZMjNhMzg0ZmUtMDhmMC00MTkzLTk3YjAtZTdiZjkxNWUyYTA0&hl=en

i tested this file in full screen in graphedit and mepo. its between 77-83% activity of the hd4350
    Funny thing is, the GPU activity is fairly constant. The CPU load throttles from 20-90% up and down every time I see a frame-drop is about to occur.

File is not available :(

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country

@Hoborg, can you test for me with MP and or Graphstudio what the load is of your ATI5450 when watching HD TV + deinterlacing? You can monitor the GPU activity (and temperature) in CCC overdrive tab . :) I found out/learned it does matter if you have full screen or windowed small screen, so can you specify that ? :) If its too much fuzz its ok as well.
    The load of ATI4350 is with
    1/2 screen ~60%
    3/4 screen ~70-85%
    1/1 screen (not tested yet, will do tonight)

@globaldonkey Thanks for the response too :)

I tested your sample under WinXP and graphstudio, ATI 5450 + PDVD10 DXVA decoder, 720p (fullscreen), ATI edge ench. and de-noise enabled (values set to "1") +enforce smooth video playback enabled - GPU load was ~80-85% (FFDShov DXVA decoder have ~60%) - perfect playback.

Seeco

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2007
    Linköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

hoborg: A bit OT, but do you know what the "enforce smooth video playback" actually does?

Dragy

Portal Pro
    April 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

hoborg: A bit OT, but do you know what the "enforce smooth video playback" actually does?
    It adjusts the enhancements/eye candy in a way your graphics card can handle it. For example: I turns edge enhancement off or de-interlacing.
    Just leave this option unticked if your VGA is powerfull enough :)

--correct me if I'm wrong. But this is what I think it's doing (after trying).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom