Codecs SAF v5.02 *final* (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder) (1 Viewer)

taalas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 30, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: AW: Re: SAF v5.00 experimental (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

Can confirm this too. Stopping and Starting again help sometimes, than the osd is not showing anymore. Don't see this in the other releases. Also tried to delete all defined keybinds, but this don't helped.

Same problem here, but the OSD is on with every mkv. I tried to turn it off in the config but it keeps coming back. When I edit the config again the settings are back to previous. Any ideas? Thanks!

Same here in m2ts videos. Have not used any mkv's lately so can't be sure about that. Weird thing is that it is random. I can stop a video and restart it and the behavior will change, either turning on or off on it's own, but once the video starts it doesn't change during the video.

Since there was no reply to this: was this fixed in the latest FFDShow builds? haven't updated yet but will probably try today. I can confirm that this is completely random for me too, and yes, I have OSD disabled in AUDIO and VIDEO settings ;)

On a totally unrelated sidenote: the changelog link on the first page is broken, it stills points to saf_changelog instead of changelog ;)

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic

Since there was no reply to this: was this fixed in the latest FFDShow builds? haven't updated yet but will probably try today. I can confirm that this is completely random for me too, and yes, I have OSD disabled in AUDIO and VIDEO settings ;)

It doesnot happend for me (i am not using MePo ony my HTPC), no problem in Graphstudio or GB-PVR...
    I checked SAF settings, and both OSD are disabled by default.

photographer

Portal Member
    June 12, 2010
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine

Yet another question :)
    Should I use "audio output method: Analogue or SPDIF" if I have ION which pass trough audio & video via HDMI to AV receiver?
    MP_postprocessing.png

I hear sound without this filter or with in MP.

Thanks.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Yet another question :)
    Should I use "audio output method: Analogue or SPDIF" if I have ION which pass trough audio & video via HDMI to AV receiver?
    MP_postprocessing.png

I hear sound without this filter or with in MP.

Thanks.

From SAF 4.0 thread
    Choosing audio output method: Analogue or SPDIF
    If you have an external device connected to your htpc, which is capable of decoding AC3 and DTS streams (like a dts-receiver), you should configure ffdshow to use SPDIF passthrough. To get SPDIF passthrough functioning in mediaportal, you need to add "ffdshow Audio decoder" to the post processing list. Double click on it in the list, and then tick it. You need to do this in the Video, DVD and Television section. Because this is an audio post process, it will not break the hardware acelleration of video. See the (good) example below.

To know if your receiver is capable of decoding AC3/DTS signal, you must look in the manual :) But I suspect it does as it uses HDMI for audio and video. These are fairly recent receivers.
    If you are not experienceing any problem without the settings you showed you could leave it like that.

photographer

Portal Member
    June 12, 2010
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine

Thanks! I bought new AV Marantz nr1501. It can decode everything :) , except DTS CD-audio. I can listen in foobar2000 with DTS plugin, but not in MP.

ZeroH

Portal Member
    April 11, 2010

Same problem here, but the OSD is on with every mkv. I tried to turn it off in the config but it keeps coming back. When I edit the config again the settings are back to previous. Any ideas? Thanks!

Same here in m2ts videos. Have not used any mkv's lately so can't be sure about that. Weird thing is that it is random. I can stop a video and restart it and the behavior will change, either turning on or off on it's own, but once the video starts it doesn't change during the video.

On a totally unrelated sidenote: the changelog link on the first page is broken, it stills points to saf_changelog instead of changelog ;)

Yeah.. I had the same issue using SAF v5. For me, it was the ffdshow VFW codec that kept coming back with the OSD enabled. I'm not exactly sure what fixed it eventually but I think it was when I did the following...
    Open the VFW config, uncheck OSD and clicked Apply, played a video to make sure the OSD was off, then clicked OK on the VFW config.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom