Codecs SAF v5.02 *final* (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder) (3 Viewers)

Sabbe

Portal Pro
January 7, 2007
Västerås
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Re: SAF v5.00 experimental (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

Czechs are champs!
5f285648aa.jpg

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
http://www.iihf.com/channels10/iihf-world-championship-wc10/
7,5 seconds... from playing for Bronze :mad::mad:

spillers909

Portal Member
March 8, 2009
DXVA not working

I would like to say thank you for SAF as it is so much easier than tracking down codecs. I just did a fresh install of Win7 64 on my computer today and installed mediaportall 1.1 along with SAF 5.1 (newest version). Sound and picture are great, but the DXVA is not kicking in for some reason and cpu is at 100% compared to the 20% it used to be at. I switched back to SAF 4.0 to see if that would fix it, but same problem. I set it up just like the pics on the first page as well. Am I missing something?

qs6xq0.png

ben001

Portal Member
May 23, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Multiple Audio Streams

I am having some issues with a few MKV's with multiple audio tracks. Both tracks seem to be playing at the same time.

I do not see a way to select a single stream from within mepo or via keyboard shortcuts.

I have done some reading here but the majority of the information seems to pertain to subtitles. Ive applied the patched mpcSubs.dll as discussed on the first page of this thread.

I am using ffdshow audio decoder and power dvd 10 video decoder.

When play an mkv there are multiple ffdshow icons in my task bar, one for each audio stream. Is there some way to get this to work? I am not opposed to using a different audio decoder if something else integrates better.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    32.1 KB

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Re: Multiple Audio Streams

I am having some issues with a few MKV's with multiple audio tracks. Both tracks seem to be playing at the same time.

I do not see a way to select a single stream from within mepo or via keyboard shortcuts.

I have done some reading here but the majority of the information seems to pertain to subtitles. Ive applied the patched mpcSubs.dll as discussed on the first page of this thread.

I am using ffdshow audio decoder and power dvd 10 video decoder.

When play an mkv there are multiple ffdshow icons in my task bar, one for each audio stream. Is there some way to get this to work? I am not opposed to using a different audio decoder if something else integrates better.

Make sure you have Stream swithcer enabled - START - SAF - FFDShow Audio - Stream Switcher (it is enabled by default).

I would like to say thank you for SAF as it is so much easier than tracking down codecs. I just did a fresh install of Win7 64 on my computer today and installed mediaportall 1.1 along with SAF 5.1 (newest version). Sound and picture are great, but the DXVA is not kicking in for some reason and cpu is at 100% compared to the 20% it used to be at. I switched back to SAF 4.0 to see if that would fix it, but same problem. I set it up just like the pics on the first page as well. Am I missing something?

qs6xq0.png

Open your video in graphstudio and play - still 100% CPU usage?

Jocker_Boy

Portal Pro
December 9, 2008
Lisbon
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
Re: DXVA not working

qs6xq0.png

SAF 5.1 (newest version) ??
But we still are in SAF 5.00, am i right?

pgroe

Portal Member
May 7, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany

I am using ffdshow DXVA for HDTV live TV because it is the only codec that shows a corect picture (cyberlink produces errors that look like motion blur). But when I start playback (or livetv) the movie freezes in the first image. After seeking the first time the error does not return until playback (or livetv) is started again (when it was stopped before). On channel switch (I am assuming playback is not stopped internally) the error does not show. Is this bug known and is there a solution/workaround?

System infos:
Intel H57 board (with Core i3 530 - using internal graphics connected by hdmi)
Digital Devices cineS2 (on Astra 19.2°)
Windows 7 64-bit Professional, MP 1.1.0 RC3
Codecs/Filters installed: AC3Filter, ffdshow DXVA (used for H.264), Cyberlink (used for MPEG 2), Haali Splitter

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic

I am using ffdshow DXVA for HDTV live TV because it is the only codec that shows a corect picture (cyberlink produces errors that look like motion blur).

Effect like "motion blur" is caused by non working DXVA (software deinterlacing) like on second picture:
deinterlacing.jpg

pgroe

Portal Member
May 7, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany

Sorry, I didn't describe it correctly. When I am on the HTPC again I will make a screenshot (if possible). It doesn't look like that. I'll try to describe it another way: When there is a person in front of a background and the person starts to move than only the blocks where the person moves to are updated and the blocks at the border of the moving shape get very bad quality (with very strong mpeg artefacts). But only with the cyberlink codec.

But I would be much more interested in getting the ffdshow dxva codec work. It freezes with the first image when starting tv or playback but works fine after one skip.

spillers909

Portal Member
March 8, 2009

Update: When I play the movie in MPC-HC i get full DXVA support with 15% cpu usage. I also tried to play it in graph studio as well. Once it is loaded and I hit play, it just produces a black screen and cpu usage of about 60%. I can't figure out why it works fine outside of MP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom