Codecs SAF v5.02 *final* (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder) (2 Viewers)

1stdead

Portal Pro
February 1, 2008
Copenhagen
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Re: SAF v5.00 experimental (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

I hope so. Getting very slow speeds. So cant tell yet:)

btw. fast respond:p

spillers909

Portal Member
March 8, 2009

Still have the full loads within MP. I just seems as if the internal player is not using FFDshow's Dxva for some reason. Besides the settings you posted in the front page, should I add it in some other way to force its use? Or anything else i can try?

ben001

Portal Member
May 23, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Re: Multiple Audio Streams

I am having some issues with a few MKV's with multiple audio tracks. Both tracks seem to be playing at the same time.

I do not see a way to select a single stream from within mepo or via keyboard shortcuts.

I have done some reading here but the majority of the information seems to pertain to subtitles. Ive applied the patched mpcSubs.dll as discussed on the first page of this thread.

I am using ffdshow audio decoder and power dvd 10 video decoder.

When play an mkv there are multiple ffdshow icons in my task bar, one for each audio stream. Is there some way to get this to work? I am not opposed to using a different audio decoder if something else integrates better.

Make sure you have Stream swithcer enabled - START - SAF - FFDShow Audio - Stream Switcher (it is enabled by default).

Yes it is enabled, still no luck. Should there even be a menu option for this or some sort of keyboard combo to switch streams?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

In a normal situation you can load the context menu (Press F9) to choose different audiostreams, however i'm sure you already know this, and i don't think it will help with your problem.

ben001

Portal Member
    May 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Yeah there isn't a menu option for the different streams for me, just change aspect ratio, previous window and bookmarks.

I can clearly hear both streams playing though

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

is haali included in SAF5, is haali running, is haali installed... you should have a haali mkv splitter icon on the taskbar. I'm not sure about SAF5, but I assume that it uses haali mkv splitter for mkvs.

EDIT: I just checked changlog for SAF5, Haali was completely removed in SAF 5.00 SVN100420 and it is replaced by MPC-HC Fitlers (MatroskaSplitter.ax, AviSplitter.ax Mp4Splitter.ax)

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic

Another SAF SVN out.

pgroe

Portal Member
    May 7, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Sorry, I didn't describe it correctly. When I am on the HTPC again I will make a screenshot (if possible). It doesn't look like that. I'll try to describe it another way: When there is a person in front of a background and the person starts to move than only the blocks where the person moves to are updated and the blocks at the border of the moving shape get very bad quality (with very strong mpeg artefacts). But only with the cyberlink codec.

But I would be much more interested in getting the ffdshow dxva codec work. It freezes with the first image when starting tv or playback but works fine after one skip.

Because of stability issues (many crashes of MP/TVS) I downgraded to WinXP 32 (just for testing). Thus VMR9 was used and suddenly H.264 started correctly. But a look at the graph was disappointing: It just used ffmpeg instead of ffmpeg DXVA and I cannot connect ffmpeg DXVA filter in GraphEdit (ffmpeg DXVA filter not allowed to link to video renderer - no diffrence which one). As a result there is no deinterlacing for my 1080i stuff (f.e. ANIXE HD).

I further have some issues with SD TV (decoding with ffmpeg). First sometimes there is no deinterlacing somtimes (I didn't really figure out a rule, when it works, and when not). When checking the ffmpeg config I recognized that ffmpeg deinterlacing is disabled and it only sets the interlaced flag for further processing. Is this correct?

A second issue is that at some channels (f.e. 'kable eins') some movies (only some, commercials f.e. not) seems to have a wrong field order every 25th frame. There is a skip every second where moves jump back for one picture and then move on correctly until next second. This effect can be attenuated a bit by playing around with ffmpeg settings but I didn't figure out how to remove that skipping.

Are there solutions for these problems? And maybe can the SAF be tuned to workaround them directly after a clean install?

Thanks for help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom