Codecs SAF v5.02 *final* (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder) (1 Viewer)

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Re: SAF v5.00 experimental (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

pgroe:
Do not use FFDshow video decoder for h.264 liveTV, use PDVD10 (unlocked SAF).
And yes, output as interlaced (MPEG only) is there by reason. Your GPU should do it.
BTW, what GPU do you have?

thomas_fogh

Portal Pro
June 24, 2009
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Re: AW: SAF v5.00 experimental (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

Hi,
I'm having a little trouble playing SD (xvid/divx) files properly. Once in a while the video will freeze for ~5 seconds while the audio continues. The pictures actually jumps ahead ~5 seconds and waits for the audio to catch up and then continues... :confused:
I've tried using both the ffdshow video decoder and the cyberlink decoder. Is it possible to create some kind of log?
HD vidoes plays ok. (Although not at fluently as I'd hoped. I might try the cyberlink for that too instead of ffdshow dxva)

:D

BR, Thomas Fogh

This sounds familiar for me! However, I don't have the issue when playing SD files though but when playing HD files with ffdshow dxva... It used to play perfectly in RC2, so maybe something happened to the internal player with the release of RC3?

[UPDATE]
Hmmz... I did some more research and right now I'm not completely sure that it's being caused by MePo... I will investigate some more first.
I have RC2. I had really bad performance playing 1080p mkvs with SAF5 so I've installed SAF4. This works much better, except for the first 4-5 seconds of playing (or after a jump) where the FPS is noticeable low for all files/resolutions.
I reinstall Win 7 and RC 3, and i give SAF 5 a try, everything works fine, but DIVX/XVID stutter extrem, i test to Play a DIVX XVID File in Graph Studio, and there i have the same Problem :( , can somone help me?
I installed the latest Haali splitter and that fixed it....

pgroe

Portal Member
May 7, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany

@pgroe:
Do not use FFDshow video decoder for h.264 liveTV, use PDVD10 (unlocked SAF).
And yes, output as interlaced (MPEG only) is there by reason. Your GPU should do it.
BTW, what GPU do you have?

I am using ffdshow DXVA for HDTV live TV because it is the only codec that shows a corect picture [...]. But when I start playback (or livetv) the movie freezes in the first image. After seeking the first time the error does not return until playback (or livetv) is started again (when it was stopped before). On channel switch (I am assuming playback is not stopped internally) the error does not show. Is this bug known and is there a solution/workaround?

System infos:
Intel H57 board (with Core i3 530 - using internal graphics connected by hdmi)
Digital Devices cineS2 (on Astra 19.2°)
Windows 7 64-bit Professional, MP 1.1.0 RC3 [now parallel testing with WinXP 32bit]
Codecs/Filters installed: SAF 5

I hope SAF cyberlink does not produce the errors described above. These problems with cyberlink codec (installed with powerdvd) were the reason for me to use ffdshow dxva for live tv. But with ffdshow DXVA I had the two probs (EVR: first picture freezing, VMR9: no dxva). I'll try SAF unlocked but I would prefere a working solution with ffdshow because the quality seems to be worse with cyberlink (tested for SD). Thus I'd like to get ffdshow work for both SD and HD.

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Re: AW: SAF v5.00 experimental (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

I reinstall Win 7 and RC 3, and i give SAF 5 a try, everything works fine, but DIVX/XVID stutter extrem, i test to Play a DIVX XVID File in Graph Studio, and there i have the same Problem :( , can somone help me?

Please check (in grahstudio) what splitter is used for your AVI files.
I bet if you convert AVI to MKV (in MKV merge) your DIVX/XVID problem will be fixed.

danlar

December 29, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden

Is MPC-HC player being installed with this package? Is it installed with SAF 4? I couldn´t find it so I installed it seperately(After saf 5 were installed). And when I played a mkv with embedded subtitles and external subtitles both were shown at the same time. And I think it was the embedded who were yellow and very BIG. Did it use both mpc-hc andf ffdshow subtitles at the same time?

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country

Is MPC-HC player being installed with this package? Is it installed with SAF 4? I couldn´t find it so I installed it seperately

???

START->SAF->MPC-HC->MPC-HC.exe

Jocker_Boy

Portal Pro
December 9, 2008
Lisbon
Home Country
Portugal Portugal

Is MPC-HC player being installed with this package? Is it installed with SAF 4? I couldn´t find it so I installed it seperately(After saf 5 were installed). And when I played a mkv with embedded subtitles and external subtitles both were shown at the same time. And I think it was the embedded who were yellow and very BIG. Did it use both mpc-hc andf ffdshow subtitles at the same time?

MPC-HC is inside SAF 5.00.
About the subtitles, you have both engine active. The yellow are from ffdshow subtitle engine.
You just need to desactivate one of them.

spillers909

Portal Member
March 8, 2009
Re: Multiple Audio Streams

I am having some issues with a few MKV's with multiple audio tracks. Both tracks seem to be playing at the same time.

I do not see a way to select a single stream from within mepo or via keyboard shortcuts.

I have done some reading here but the majority of the information seems to pertain to subtitles. Ive applied the patched mpcSubs.dll as discussed on the first page of this thread.

I am using ffdshow audio decoder and power dvd 10 video decoder.

When play an mkv there are multiple ffdshow icons in my task bar, one for each audio stream. Is there some way to get this to work? I am not opposed to using a different audio decoder if something else integrates better.

Make sure you have Stream swithcer enabled - START - SAF - FFDShow Audio - Stream Switcher (it is enabled by default).

I would like to say thank you for SAF as it is so much easier than tracking down codecs. I just did a fresh install of Win7 64 on my computer today and installed mediaportall 1.1 along with SAF 5.1 (newest version). Sound and picture are great, but the DXVA is not kicking in for some reason and cpu is at 100% compared to the 20% it used to be at. I switched back to SAF 4.0 to see if that would fix it, but same problem. I set it up just like the pics on the first page as well. Am I missing something?

qs6xq0.png

Open your video in graphstudio and play - still 100% CPU usage?

Still having the same problem. Works fine in MPC-HC outside of media portal, but when I use the internal player it gets 100% cpu usage as well as in graph. Is it a problem with FFDShow? This is off a fresh install with latest ATI drivers (3870 card).

mmesh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2004
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

Hi!

This codec pack is almost perfect for me but for one problem:

I get picture and sound freeze on 720p mkv files on random occasions - as if video and audio is paused but it acctualy continues to play in the background until I press stop.
    -- cut --

I don't have that problem.
    But, just curiosity. You can passthrough DTS-HD and TrueHD to your receiver with your ATI 4670?
    Maybe the problem is there, you can't bitstream DTS-HD and TrueHD with that card, so is your CPU who is decoding the audio, making a downmix to DTS and DD, but if is this there is no reason for you to have that problem.
    :oops: You are right!
    It looks like ATI 4670 does not allow bitstreaming of DTS-HD and TrueHD and that DTS-HD and TrueHD are being down converted to DTS and DD. This is done automatically by ATI HDMI sound drivers I suspect.
    I have set up ffdshow to decode those streams also so now I get 7.1 LPCM for all multichannel sources.

I resolved my original problem of freezing mkv files (usualy with DD and DTS) by installing Haali splitter after the SAF v5.0 and registering them for the matroska container only. So now m2ts files are splitted by the MPC splitter and mkv files are handled by the Halli splitter. I'll try with the final version of SAF v5.0 to see if I can eliminate Halli out of the picture.

pgroe

Portal Member
    May 7, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I hope SAF cyberlink does not produce the errors described above. These problems with cyberlink codec (installed with powerdvd) were the reason for me to use ffdshow dxva for live tv. But with ffdshow DXVA I had the two probs (EVR: first picture freezing, VMR9: no dxva). I'll try SAF unlocked but I would prefere a working solution with ffdshow because the quality seems to be worse with cyberlink (tested for SD). Thus I'd like to get ffdshow work for both SD and HD.

Ok I now tested the recommended SAF 5 codec setting wth a disillusioning result: DXVA (better: every HW based deinterlacing) does not work with PDVD either. The result looks exactly the same than in ffdshow (DXVA). The video is not being de-interlaced. For testing I switched off DXVA (per start menu link - but codec settings confirmed). Then the video looked fine but CPU usage was very high and thus 1080i did not reach 50fps but 20 (which really stutters). Is there any solution to get hw based deinterlacing work onto core i3 either with WinXP or Win7?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom