Codecs SAF v6 (based on LAVF) (1 Viewer)

parkuhr

Portal Pro
September 2, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: SAF v6.00 (based on LAVF)

Thx a lot hoborg for you quick anser.
wma was enabled in the lav decoder settings. i enabled it also in ffdshow.
no luck. the vc-1 sample was not working.
by the way, i use this sample for the same intentention then you: testing if codecs are working.
off course i can send you my samples, if you give me a upload-adress. just write me pm with the necesary data then i try to send it.

back to the proplem:
i found a workaround to solve it:
i downloaded the lav-filters from their seite. it seems it was the same version that you used for the saf-version i have. it was in the changelog. i downloaded the installer for 32/64 bit becouse i wasn t sure, if 32bit is enough. normaly mediaportal is 32bit what means, that also the used codecs are 32bit only. but you never know.
after installing the lav-package from their site, the vc-1 testsample was working.
everything seems to work now, but i have to test for possible side-effects. till now everything looks fine.
i also want to thank you very much for you great saf project and all the work you investet in it!

Greetings
parkuhr

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Re: AW: SAF v6.00 (based on LAVF)

Thx a lot hoborg for you quick anser.
wma was enabled in the lav decoder settings. i enabled it also in ffdshow.
no luck. the vc-1 sample was not working.
by the way, i use this sample for the same intentention then you: testing if codecs are working.
off course i can send you my samples, if you give me a upload-adress. just write me pm with the necesary data then i try to send it.

This is strange, becouse WMA and WMA PRO are disabled in LAV audio decoder by default in latest SAF6 - this should be decoding by MS audio decoder.
I have few VC-1 samples here and all of them are working just fine for me.
But not sure if i have any WMA PRO - so, if you can, cut a small sample (cca 5MB) and upload it to RapidShare for example.

So i can take a look.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Re: AW: SAF v6.00 (based on LAVF)

i downloaded the installer for 32/64 bit becouse i wasn t sure, if 32bit is enough. normaly mediaportal is 32bit what means, that also the used codecs are 32bit only. but you never know.

Yes, you will know :) 32 bit application cannot ever execute 64 bit code and vice versa.

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    Re: SAF v6.00 (based on LAVF)

Hi Hoborg.

Just switched from SAF 5 to SAF 6 *unlocked*

Everything works fine, except that when skipping forth or back in movie generates green artifacts on the first frames of playback.

This seems to be issue for both DVD and Blurays through ISO/MKV integration.

I'm on a ATI Radeon 4550 with 10.4 driver

Do you have any idea how to solve this?

/Morten

Hi Hoborg - I'm still suffering from green artifacts when skipping - even on totally new hardware with Intel 3000HD graphics.

Any thoughts on this?

/Morten

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Re: AW: Re: SAF v6.00 (based on LAVF)

Hi Hoborg - I'm still suffering from green artifacts when skipping - even on totally new hardware with Intel 3000HD graphics.

Any thoughts on this?

/Morten
    Can you provide small sample?
    Same here,
    happens when using the lav codec (with and without cuvid)
    Mostly when playing DVDs

You mean LAV video decoder?
    LAV video decoder doesnot support DVD yet.
    By SAF default, if you open any video in graphstudio, FFDshow (DXVA) video decoder should be in use.

SAF v.6.0.1: (20111121) released.
    - MPC-HC filter/player updated to rev. 1.5.3.3835
    - FFDShow updated to rev.4058
    - LAVF updated to .40
    - DXVA checker updated to 2.6.1

NOTE:
    SAF (FFDShow) now support Intel Quick Sync decoding of h.264/VC-1 and MPEG.
    To make it working, you need Intel i1/5/7 CPU with HD 2000/3000 GPU + installed GPU drivers and Win7.
    Then go to FFDshow video decoder settings and change decoder from Libavcodec to Intel Quick Sync.

sunflower

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2007
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: Re: SAF v6.00 (based on LAVF)

You mean LAV video decoder?
    LAV video decoder doesnot support DVD yet.
    By SAF default, if you open any video in graphstudio, FFDshow (DXVA) video decoder should be in use.
    DVDs work very well with LAV video decoder on my System (with CUVID). The image quality is excellent. Only these green artifacts when skipping are left. But I do not skip that much, so I can live with that.

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: SAF v6.00 (based on LAVF)

DVDs work very well with LAV video decoder on my System (with CUVID). The image quality is excellent. Only these green artifacts when skipping are left. But I do not skip that much, so I can live with that.

Are you sure about that? You should check what decoder is really in use by connect grapstudio durning playback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom