Codecs SAF v6 (based on LAVF) (3 Viewers)

Testudo

Portal Pro
November 12, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Re: SAF v6.00 (based on LAVF)

Hi Hoborg,
... ... ...
2 months ago I installed the Radeon HD 5450 graphic card, newest driver and CCC.
1080i TV worked :), power consumption was reduced, however I had stuttering in SD TV and SD videos and HD videos. :(

So, I decided to go for SAF6 choosing PDVD codec as recommended here. It got even worse as the system started to hang (or reboot) after a while playing videos. This behavior I also had with HD3200 back in the times with the (I assume) buggy CCC/drivers/codec combinations.

I can remember that you recommended in SAF4 thread to use stabel CCC 9.5 for Radeon HD3200. Is there also a special version of CCC which shall be used for HD5450?
I have already tried the last 2 versions of CCC.

Hi bart0190,
I use a Radeon HD5450 and SAF6 (Release 08.11.2011), too. PDVD11-Codec for HDTV and Video etc. and CCC 11.9.
This works perfect with 1080i.
Do you shure that DXVA is on?

Edit:
I remember me that I had comparable problems on a slower system as my current system. The solution was to use a RAM-disk for Timeshift.

Regards
Testudo

bart0190

Portal Pro
January 17, 2009
Re: SAF v6.00 (based on LAVF)

@bart0190:
Hi.
Did you tryed to play your files in Graphstudio (SAF tools)?

Yes. Couldn't see stuttering. However, the graph codecs are different to those selected in MP. Is it always ffdshow?
(see attachments).

@Testudo:
Thanks for the hint.
Yes, I have quite high CPU usage. Around 40% SD video and over 50% HD video content. MP puts another 5-10% on top which might be the reason why in MP I have stuttering.
However, currently running Radeon HD5450 with CCC 2011.10 and SAF5beta1. I would like to fix the DXVA issue before I go to SAF6.
So, is there a special setting (besides in MP config - PDVD - HW accelleration on) to make DXVA work?
With my internal graphic chip I didn't have to do anything else as I can remember.
BTW: I use RAM disk for timeshifting. But stuttering happens also with normal HD video.

regards bart.

Attachments

• graph_ts.PNG
    graph_ts.PNG
    40 KB
  • graph_video.PNG
    graph_video.PNG
    41.7 KB
  • MP_config_ts.PNG
    MP_config_ts.PNG
    41.4 KB
  • MP_config_video.PNG
    MP_config_video.PNG
    41.7 KB

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic

@bart0190:
There is no reason to wait for anything. Just uninstall your PDVD instalation, install SAF6 *unlocked*, setup MePo acording my instructions and try again.
SAF5 is too outdated now.

bart0190

Portal Pro
January 17, 2009

@bart0190:
There is no reason to wait for anything. Just uninstall your PDVD instalation, install SAF6 *unlocked*, setup MePo acording my instructions and try again.
SAF5 is too outdated now.

Ok. Thanks.
Currently the settings .png pictures on the first page do not show up.
regards
bart

Testudo

Portal Pro
November 12, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Re: SAF v6.00 (based on LAVF)

bart0190
... ...
So, is there a special setting (besides in MP config - PDVD - HW accelleration on) to make DXVA work?
... ...

Do you have to install SAF unlocked and all should be set right for DXVA on.
For background info: DXVA for use with PDVD-Codec need an entry in the registry. Hoborgs SAF installation do this. For details see after SAF installation here: C:\Program Files (x86)\SAF\PDVD.

Regards
Testudo

D

DM105165

AW: SAF v6.00 (based on LAVF)

Hey hoborg

Thanks for your great work.
I have a problem, it is unlocked but it doesn't include PDVD.

Logs attached.

I saw the decompresion failed! and try to unlock again. That didn't help either.

Thanks.

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Re: AW: SAF v6.00 (based on LAVF)

Hey hoborg

Thanks for your great work.
I have a problem, it is unlocked but it doesn't include PDVD.

Logs attached.

I saw the decompresion failed! and try to unlock again. That didn't help either.

Thanks.

Your "604.zip" file is damaged/not fully downloaded.
Delete it an try again.
Or download the file - link in PM i sended to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom