Codecs SAF v6 (based on LAVF) (5 Viewers)

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Re: AW: Re: SAF v6 (based on LAVF)

BTW, here is debug log.
I just did complete MePo cleanup and reinstall - still crashing. Nice :)

Well.. it is not a single .log file in there.
Is it possible to open the MePo Config?

Yes.
In MePo 1.1.0 it was configuration.exe what was crashing for me :)
This time MePo itself, but without any error, just message MediaPortal stopped working. What next? :D
I just setup decoders and hit OK.

I don't seem to get h.264 1080i TV de-interlaced. Is there a setting I'm missing in FFDSHOW? I have MP set to use best for deinterlacing but it doesn't seem to be.

And why you are using FFDshow for LiveTV?
You should use "CyberLink Video Decoder (PDVD11)" from unlocked SAF for LiveTV/Recording.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    So i install MePo 1.2.2 + Online Videos Plugin, setup MePo then run MediaPortal.exe - and MePo crashed instantly. Nice. I dont have time for this. Every time i did something in MePo, i have problem with it...

If you dont have time for MediaPortal why do you even advertise in MediaPortal forum? It might be better just to lock the thread so it would save your (and our) precious time.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'm uploading the trailer now, but I couldn't even play it locally with Quicktime Player. :( Maybe it's just broken when downloaded with OnlineVideos? That plugin is looking more and more like a problem for me right now, as when I have a video download started and try to watch a video (not downloaded with OnlineVideos) MP freezes with a black screen. As I installed the latest SAF today, I can't completely rule that out either, as general video playback has been given me trouble today. Could also be MP 1.2.2. This is going to give me a headache. :(

For testing, I'm currently downloading an .mp4 file from SVT Play (Swedish) in OnlineVideos that I'll try to playback from MyVideos to see if the file will work or MP will freeze again.

Trailer link (password is "SAF"):
    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Emph

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    SOLVED!

When I had re-installed SAF6 *unlocked*, I thought I'd use your instructions from the first post. Big mistake apparently. I have now set all VIDEO filters to use LAV (CUVID) and no more crashing. Must be that the OnlineVideos was expecting LAV and got FFDShow instead?

I'll try to play the Dark Night Rises trailer later and see if I can get it to work.
    Emph

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: Re: SAF v6 (based on LAVF)

Yes.
    In MePo 1.1.0 it was configuration.exe what was crashing for me :)
    This time MePo itself, but without any error, just message MediaPortal stopped working. What next? :D

I don't know... have you installed Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages?
    Can you look in your MePo log folder and see if there are logs available? If yes, attach them manually here.

@emphatic:
    A german user got the same problem as you: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/plugins-erweiterungen-178/onlinevideos-1-0-0-0-18-12-2011-a-76872/index58.html#post824000

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    It might be better just to lock the thread so it would save your (and our) precious time.
    I will. As soon as MePo will be in no need of external decoders (hope it will be soon) :)

I don't know... have you installed Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages?
    Can you look in your MePo log folder and see if there are logs available? If yes, attach them manually here.

MS Visual C++ was installed, at last MePo installer detect them.

MePo LOG is not even created, only configuration log exist.

I give up, i already spend two hours with that :/

From event wiever:

Faulting application name: MediaPortal.exe, version: 1.2.2.0, time stamp: 0x4ef0b311
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17651, time stamp: 0x4e211319
    Exception code: 0xe0434f4d
    Fault offset: 0x0000b9bc
    Faulting process id: 0x%9
    Faulting application start time: 0x%10
    Faulting application path: %11
    Faulting module path: %12
    Report Id: %13

I'm uploading the trailer now, but I couldn't even play it locally with Quicktime Player. :( Maybe it's just broken when downloaded with OnlineVideos? That plugin is looking more and more like a problem for me right now, as when I have a video download started and try to watch a video (not downloaded with OnlineVideos) MP freezes with a black screen. As I installed the latest SAF today, I can't completely rule that out either, as general video playback has been given me trouble today. Could also be MP 1.2.2. This is going to give me a headache. :(

For testing, I'm currently downloading an .mp4 file from SVT Play (Swedish) in OnlineVideos that I'll try to playback from MyVideos to see if the file will work or MP will freeze again.

Trailer link (password is "SAF"):
    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Emph

Thanks for the sample!
    I cannot play it. It seems there is no support for this format in FFmpeg, so FFDshow/LAV/MPC-HC videodecoders fail to play it.
    EDIT:
    Or the download file is not complete/damaged.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I can't seem to get automatic profile switching working in ffdshow audio.

I've got a TV profile set to autoload "On one of the conditions" and "on movie file name match (with wildcards)" set to *.tsbuffer and a 5.1 profile set to autoload "On number of channels match" 5;6;7;8;9;10;11;12;13;14;15 but it nevers switches to that profile when I play a 5.1 movie.

Attachments

• ffdshow.txt
      232.4 KB

santal123

Portal Member
    November 18, 2008
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    BTW. LAV 0.43(CUVID) works perfectly for ip-tv SD and HD viewing here. Now I have no frame drops at all on Atom ION for interlaced HD live TV viewing. When using PowerDVD decoder I have some occational framedrops and freezes. Though it works well only for 25p/30p(Film) deinterlacing mode, but this might be an ION limitatoin on full HD 50p playback acceleration.

patanegra

December 8, 2011
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    What is new in SAF6?
    - it use LAVF splitter and LAVF audio decoder (?and possible LAVF CUVID for nVidia too?)

Sorry if I'm doing trivial questions, but I have a board with integrated NVIDIA IONITX that works in spurts.
    What could I do? I tried the various FFdshow/LAV reset, but nothing.
    I have read several forums, but I do't know how to solve the problem (do't even know I could post as useful log).

Thanks a lot!
    --------
    ZOTAC IONTIX
    WIN 7
    SAF 6
    NVIDIA driver: 285.62-desktop-win7-winvista-32bit-international-whql.exe

abso

December 23, 2011
    I just installed SAF on my Notebook after removing all codecs i used so far. If i try to play any file now mpc starts and instantly stops the movie. No matter what i tried i couldnt get any movie to play. I did exactly the same as on my desktop pc where everything worked fine.
    Anyone got an idea how to fix it ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom