Codecs SAF v6 (based on LAVF) (2 Viewers)

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Re: AW: SAF v6 (based on LAVF)

EDIT:: When i will use LAV Video Codec for HD Movies in Video Section, Graphedit shows me ffdshow is in use. Can't LAV Video decode h.264

Must be your config.
Firstly, make sure you enabled LAV video decoder durning SAF setup.
Then try to disable h.264 decoding in FFDshow DXVA decoder and FFDShow decoder.
Then try to play your file in Graphstudio, LAV video should be in use - or maybe PDVD decoder, i am not sure which one have higher merit.

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: SAF v6 (based on LAVF)

OK i will try.

By SAF install, LAV Video was checked and i can choose it in Mepo Config.

Thats an good idea. When i set PDVD11 for h.264 and i watch an movie, in graph ffdshow is decoding the video file. I don't do other things as previously. previously i must set nothing off in ffdshow, it works all fine, but now it dosent work.
    Since SAF I only use PDVD for h.264. I no longer understand the world. Or what is new since the 6.02 ?

EDIT:: Now i unchecked all h.264 and VC1 from ffdshow and ffdshow dxva, put the file in graph and now he use WMVideo ...

But no PDVD11. What's wrong with my htpc ?

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    SAF v.6.0.3 released:
    - FFDShow updated to rev.4192
    - LAVF updated to .43
    - MPC-HC filter/player updated to rev. 1.5.3.3903
    - GraphStudioNext updated to 0.4.5.5
    - removed "xMP4@fps>49" profile from FFDshow DXVA decoder

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

And can anyone tell me, how i can change the merit for pdvd11 that the system takes him for everything he can for h.264 and all other HD Movie formats ?

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Re: AW: SAF v6 (based on LAVF)

And can anyone tell me, how i can change the merit for pdvd11 that the system takes him for everything he can for h.264 and all other HD Movie formats ?

In graphstudio. Just remember to restart you system to take effect. If you have Win7, you will also need to change prefered decoder i think.

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

ok i tryed at my one... this things i have do. I found where i can change the merit. So i do that, change things in ffdshow but all the same...

in ffdshow i disabled the VC-1 :: see screen

in graphstudio i change the merit of pdvd 11 to prefered +1 :: see screen

but now he use WMVIDEO DMO or so :: see screen

i looked at graphstudio what for merit is used for this and change this to normal

but nothing has changed. when i play the VC-1 movie, WMVIDEO DMO was used...

EDIT:: I make a restart, but nothing changed. My OS is Win 7. Now PDVD11 has merit of PREFERD +2 this stubborn WMVIIDEO Deocoder DMO has now a merit of DONT USE. But he will not listen to me. This Decoder could be the star sign Aries ago.

What else can I do. I WANT TO PDVD11 FOR VC-1 DECODING.

Another quest on properties page from pdvd11 there i can check DXVA. Should i do that see the screen ?

EDIT:: 2

Now i can't play the movie. See message on screen. It looks as if PDVD11 could no handle VC-1.

Attachments

• codec.PNG
      codec.PNG
      5 KB
    • merit.PNG
      merit.PNG
      163.5 KB
    • vc-1 ffdshow.PNG
      vc-1 ffdshow.PNG
      3.9 KB
    • dxva.PNG
      dxva.PNG
      67.2 KB
    • geht net.PNG
      geht net.PNG
      90 KB

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    D3ltoroxp:
    Maybe you have some strange VC-1 file.
    Use MKV merge to cut small sample and send it to me.
    I tested all VC-1 i/p samples here in MPC-HC (PDVD decoder added as prefered) and all of them play just fine.
    Do you have SAF 6.0.3 installed, right?

abso

December 23, 2011
    Hi, im new here and could need some help if possible.
    I just switched from madVR to SAF6 because i had annoying judder problems. So far everything works fine now. Because i dont want to look through all 170 pages it would be nice if someone could point me to some sort of tutorial to optimize (focus on picture quality) SAF. I use it only to play 720p/1080p mkv files. I use a C2D 3,4Ghz a 8800GTS 512 4GB RAM and a 40" LCD to play my files.

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Hi, im new here and could need some help if possible.
    I just switched from madVR to SAF6 because i had annoying judder problems. So far everything works fine now. Because i dont want to look through all 170 pages it would be nice if someone could point me to some sort of tutorial to optimize (focus on picture quality) SAF. I use it only to play 720p/1080p mkv files. I use a C2D 3,4Ghz a 8800GTS 512 4GB RAM and a 40" LCD to play my files.
    Hi.
    And do you have any picture quality problems with SAF? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom