Codecs SAF v6 (based on LAVF) (1 Viewer)

dvgeek

Portal Pro
November 16, 2013
SF Bay Area, California
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Thanks a lot hoborg,

Is there a way to use FFDSow for subtitles without selecting it as the video decoder? Selecting FFDShow under video>subtitles in the MePo configuration doesn't do a thing and placing it in the post process is working but I'm cautious because of the warning of using post process.

Thanks.
Hi.
Nope, only as postprocessing filter.

Hi Hoborg,

I use Intel HD Graphics (Intel QuickSync not supported) with HDMI for both Audio and Video. Have the latest drivers (but for some strange reason, under Audio properties for HDMI it shows HDCP is not supported - not an issue so far), but I am not able to get DXVA2 (CB & N) working stably with LAV filters in Live & Recorded TV. I get frequent freezing of video and MP stops responding, when I have to end MP through Task Manager and restart MP. Freezing almost always happens on skip (forward or backward does not matter). It's only stable with No HW Decoder (None). I do have a post processing filter - CoreCC for close captions.

Should I be using ffdshow as a post processing filter for close captions instead of CoreCC ? If so, should the video decoder still be Lava? And which ffdshow module should be in the post process? There are both decoder and subtitle ones.

Thanks.

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Thanks a lot hoborg,

Is there a way to use FFDSow for subtitles without selecting it as the video decoder? Selecting FFDShow under video>subtitles in the MePo configuration doesn't do a thing and placing it in the post process is working but I'm cautious because of the warning of using post process.

Thanks.
Hi.
Nope, only as postprocessing filter.

Hi Hoborg,

I use Intel HD Graphics (Intel QuickSync not supported) with HDMI for both Audio and Video. Have the latest drivers (but for some strange reason, under Audio properties for HDMI it shows HDCP is not supported - not an issue so far), but I am not able to get DXVA2 (CB & N) working stably with LAV filters in Live & Recorded TV. I get frequent freezing of video and MP stops responding, when I have to end MP through Task Manager and restart MP. Freezing almost always happens on skip (forward or backward does not matter). It's only stable with No HW Decoder (None). I do have a post processing filter - CoreCC for close captions.

Should I be using ffdshow as a post processing filter for close captions instead of CoreCC ? If so, should the video decoder still be Lava? And which ffdshow module should be in the post process? There are both decoder and subtitle ones.

Thanks.
Hi.
LAV video decoder is not good option for LiveTV. If you have unlockde SAF, try PDVD video decoder as sugested on first page.

dvgeek

Portal Pro
November 16, 2013
SF Bay Area, California
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi Hoborg,

Thanks for the reply. I do have unlocked SAF, but the PDVD codecs give me flickering subtitles - whereas with the LAV filters - there is no flickering. My subtitles are closed captions via the CoreCC post processing filter in TV, set in post processing. Even Microsoft codec's give me flickering subtitles. Video is fine with all codec's. They all display 60/59.98 or 24/23.97 without any issues.

And my Dynamic Resolution is enabled. (I tried disabling it - but it made no difference to the flicker in the subtitles, with either codec). For closed captions, the only post processing filter that ever worked for me was the CoreCC. None of the ffmpeg codecs/options worked as a post processing filter.

Interestingly, now I noticed another weird issue - some mkv's have audio issues. Audio is intermittent with a second or two of audio with long gaps - video and built-in subs display fine. The same mkv's play fine stand alone via vlc player or via roku. Stand alone MPC has the same audio issues. Puzzled and trying to troubleshoot this. Happens with all codecs.

Thanks.

markrb

Portal Pro
April 22, 2006
Are you still working on this great program?
I have never been able to get MP to work the way I wanted it to without SAF.

Thanks for all you efforts. I really do appreciate it.

Mark

BlechMann

Portal Member
June 30, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi!

Ive just start using SAF unlocket to fix LiveTV on my ATI Htpc.
All working prerly but having an issue on some movies:

From within Mediaportal HD movie from HD is playing stuttering on all filters. Tryed ffdshow filters and LAV. Configured all as seen in 1st post. Still stuttering. MP Classic plays it smooth with dxva. The movie is 1080p with DTS in mkv file. Other movie 1080p also mkv plays smooth in Mediaportal. I cant get the difference :( and cant get why mp classic plays smooth. Maybe its a sound prob?!

Stats on Shift+1 tells its going through ffdshow and lav audio properly.

Edit:
Ok... Found the reason is audio.
It only stutters using LAV Audio Filter. The other one (DVD Filter... Dunno how its called) plays DTS and the movie plays smooth.... So. Could anyone imagine why LAV is misbehaving like this?

Plz... Any suggeations?!

Last edited:

BlechMann

Portal Member
June 30, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
@BlechMann
Could you post your issue here?
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/forums/bugreports.74/

Please include log report + all required information. Then we can try to reproduce your issue, fix it if its a bug.

PS.
Did you enable passthrough dts and ac3?

Hi and thanks 4 reply!

Ok, i Need to know what log you Need. MP Error log Shows no Event on this, other logs are not giving any strange entrys :( So I think ist a prob with the codecs that are used.

Passthrough is enabled at SAF install - and working connected by SPDIF ot my Amp. The Issue is only occuring by using LAV Audio Filters on Video, By using Microsoft DTV-DVD Filters it Plays smooth. Ist really weird. Using LAV and disabling Bitstreaming the Sound results in smooth playing without stuttering. So last conclusion is:

Bitstreaming by LAV is giving the issue. I think no further logs are neccesary to get it. When still needed plz tell!
Now I still Need an solution for this :(

BlechMann

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom