Codecs SAF v6 (based on LAVF) (2 Viewers)

4irm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you, HOBORG, for all your effort and work on SAF.
    (y)

Apologies if this has already been answered... but now that MediaPortal 1.3 includes the option to install/update LAVF, will there be an option in SAF to not include these? Or maybe check for pre-installed LAVF and remove those?

Hi.
    Nope. LAVF is core of SAF. MePo uses different LAVF setting comparing to SAF and install it over SAF will break SAF integrity.

Also, will the installation error in Windows 8 be fixed in 6.2.1?

Cheers.

-P
    You mean the warning?
    I will try to silence this warning in 6.2.1.

Hi Hoborg,

Maybe I have an similar issue. I installed MP on Windows 8.1 x64 / ATI HD5670. The LAVF settings in Codec section of Mediaportal configuration were set. But I got a lot of blocks and a lot of green blocks while watching live TV.

Then SAF, SAF deinstalled LAVF and installed its own variant of LAVF. Within Mediaportal I set cyberlinks codec to be used.

I still have the blocks and I am not sure whether I really use cyberlink codec.

Is it somehow broken?

Thanks

EDIT: I want to add its only on LiveTV, SD and HD (720p as well as 1080i). 1080p MKVs work well. Its the same behaviour on the onboard intel HD graphics...

Last edited:

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hi Hoborg,

Maybe I have an similar issue. I installed MP on Windows 8.1 x64 / ATI HD5670. The LAVF settings in Codec section of Mediaportal configuration were set. But I got a lot of blocks and a lot of green blocks while watching live TV.

Then SAF, SAF deinstalled LAVF and installed its own variant of LAVF. Within Mediaportal I set cyberlinks codec to be used.

I still have the blocks and I am not sure whether I really use cyberlink codec.

Is it somehow broken?

Thanks

EDIT: I want to add its only on LiveTV, SD and HD (720p as well as 1080i). 1080p MKVs work well. Its the same behaviour on the onboard intel HD graphics...
    Hi.
    It seems to be bad signal issues. Try to play some downloaded *.TS recordings.[DOUBLEPOST=1409136613][/DOUBLEPOST]

I am still waiting for next LAVF release...

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country

Shadime

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks for the update.
    With the H.264 video codec as per page 1 do you suggest it is changed to PDVD or LAV ?
    Thanks

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    @morpheus_xx
    Not sure if this is a result of the SAV but seeing I just installed it and had this crash....

I run MP2. I did an upgrade install, completed the server reboot as requested by the installer.
    I opened MP2 Client, and started the movie Bullitt [tt0062765].mp4
    MP2-Client crashed and did not write anything to the Client or Server logs.
    I did however find errors listed in Event Viewer / Applications.

My server is a win7 64bit
    All 3 Events listed below
    Also including Client log

---------------------------------------------------------
    Application: MP2-Client.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
    Stack:
    at SharpDX.Direct3D9.Texture.LockRectangle(Int32, SharpDX.Direct3D9.LockedRectangle ByRef, IntPtr, SharpDX.Direct3D9.LockFlags)
    at SharpDX.Direct3D9.Texture.LockRectangle(Int32, SharpDX.Rectangle, SharpDX.Direct3D9.LockFlags, SharpDX.DataStream ByRef)
    at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.ContentManagement.AssetCore.FontAssetCore.WriteGlyphToTexture(Tao.FreeType.FT_BitmapGlyph, Int32, Int32, Byte[])
    at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.ContentManagement.AssetCore.FontAssetCore.AddGlyph(UInt32)
    at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.ContentManagement.AssetCore.FontAssetCore.Character(Char)
    at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.ContentManagement.AssetCore.FontAssetCore.PartialTextWidth(System.String, Int32, Int32, Single, Boolean)
    at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.ContentManagement.AssetCore.FontAssetCore.TextWidth(System.String, Single, Boolean)
    at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.Controls.Visuals.Label.CalculateInnerDesiredSize(SharpDX.Size2F)
    at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.Controls.Visuals.FrameworkElement.Measure(SharpDX.Size2F ByRef)
    at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.Controls.Panels.Grid.CalculateInnerDesiredSize(SharpDX.Size2F)
    at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.Controls.Visuals.FrameworkElement.Measure(SharpDX.Size2F ByRef)
    at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.Controls.Visuals.Control.CalculateInnerDesiredSize(SharpDX.Size2F)
    at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.Controls.Visuals.ContentPresenter.CalculateInnerDesiredSize(SharpDX.Size2F)
    at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.Controls.Panels.Grid.CalculateInnerDesiredSize(SharpDX.Size2F)
    at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.Controls.Visuals.Control.CalculateInnerDesiredSize(SharpDX.Size2F)
    at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.Controls.Panels.VirtualizingStackPanel.GetItem(Int32, MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.Controls.Panels.IItemProvider, Boolean)
    at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.Controls.Panels.VirtualizingStackPanel.GetMeasuredViewableChildren(SharpDX.Size2F, SharpDX.Size2F ByRef)
    at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.Controls.Panels.VirtualizingStackPanel.CalculateInnerDesiredSize(SharpDX.Size2F)
    at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.Controls.Visuals.ContentPresenter.CalculateInnerDesiredSize(SharpDX.Size2F)
    at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.Controls.Visuals.ScrollViewer.CalculateInnerDesiredSize(SharpDX.Size2F)
    at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.Controls.Visuals.ItemsControl.CalculateInnerDesiredSize(SharpDX.Size2F)
    at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.Controls.Visuals.Border.CalculateInnerDesiredSize(SharpDX.Size2F)
    at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.Controls.Panels.Canvas.CalculateInnerDesiredSize(SharpDX.Size2F)
    at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.Controls.Visuals.FrameworkElement.UpdateLayoutRoot(SharpDX.Size2F)
    at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.ScreenManagement.Screen.Prepare()
    at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.ScreenManagement.ScreenManager.DoExchangeScreen_NoLock(MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.ScreenManagement.Screen)
    at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.ScreenManagement.ScreenManager.DoShowScreen_NoLock(MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.ScreenManagement.Screen, Boolean)
    at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.ScreenManagement.ScreenManager.OnMessageReceived(MediaPortal.Common.Messaging.AsynchronousMessageQueue, MediaPortal.Common.Messaging.SystemMessage)
    at MediaPortal.Common.Messaging.AsynchronousMessageQueue.DoWork()
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(System.Object)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Faulting application name: MP2-Client.exe, version: 2.0.0.1409, time stamp: 0x5411f0d8
    Faulting module name: atiumdag.dll, version: 8.14.10.735, time stamp: 0x4b736eb8
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00004286
    Faulting process id: 0x1504
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cfd130d9fc288e
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\MP2-Client.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\atiumdag.dll
    Report Id: 3fa73634-3d24-11e4-926d-f46d047a24fc

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Fault bucket , type 0
    Event Name: APPCRASH
    Response: Not available
    Cab Id: 0
    Problem signature:
    P1: MP2-Client.exe
    P2: 2.0.0.1409
    P3: 5411f0d8
    P4: atiumdag.dll
    P5: 8.14.10.735
    P6: 4b736eb8
    P7: c0000005
    P8: 00004286
    P9:
    P10:
    Attached files:
    These files may be available here:
    C:\Users\breese\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_MP2-Client.exe_d1885e96cb57152d0afdc424df7c8c4781b1ef_01cd3294
    Analysis symbol:
    Rechecking for solution: 0
    Report Id: 3fa73634-3d24-11e4-926d-f46d047a24fc
    Report Status: 0

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    @morpheus_xx
    Not sure if this is a result of the SAV but seeing I just installed it and had this crash....

I run MP2. I did an upgrade install, completed the server reboot as requested by the installer.
    I opened MP2 Client, and started the movie Bullitt [tt0062765].mp4
    MP2-Client crashed and did not write anything to the Client or Server logs.
    I did however find errors listed in Event Viewer / Applications.
    Hi.
    Your LOGs pointing to your GPU driver crash.
    Try - play your file in Graphstudio (Start-SAF-Tools-Graphstudio, drag and drop your file there and hit play)
    If you will have the same crash, try to disable DXVA in LAVF Video decoder - sed decpding from CopyBack to none and try again.

If this fix your playback issue, try different GPU drivers.

keep_smile

Portal Member
    July 12, 2010
    Hello and thanks for the great work on SAF 6.

Anyhow I have a problem in LiveTV now. When I choose Cyberlink PDVD13 in the codec settings of Mediaportal, my LiveTV crashes during switching tv channels.
    If I change the channels one by one there is no problem but when I jump for example from channel 1 to channel 7 or from 12 back to 3 MePo crashes and I'm back on desktop of Win 7.
    When I'm using the LAV or Microsoft DTV-DVD codec for LiveTV there are no problems.

Have sombody similar problems? What can cause this error?

Greetings.

keep_smile :)

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi.
    Here is new SAF 6.3.0 WIP (WorkInProgress)

v.6.3.0: (20140915-WIP)
    - FFDshow removed
    - Realmedia components removed (replaced by LAVF)
    - Added VSfilter
    - Added Mediainfo library rev. 0.7.70
    - LAVF updated to rev. 0.62 (https://code.google.com/p/lavfilters/source/browse/CHANGELOG.txt)
    - MPC-HC updated to rev. 1.7.6 (http://mpc-hc.org/changelog/)

Well. it seems i finally decided to leave dead FFDshow, rest in peace :)
    This mean no HW decoding on Windows XP any longer.

Thanks for the update. Is cyberlink still included in the unlocked version? Also an update for that codec? Cyberlink has released version 14 already but I don't know if they have optimized the codecs aswell..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom