Codecs SAF v6 (based on LAVF) (2 Viewers)

bboobb

August 24, 2015
Home Country
US Virgin Islands US Virgin Islands
Im just pming you now to try unlocked SAF on windows 10, if you are looking for another tester.

thanks ; )

alltheway

Portal Pro
February 2, 2009
Sorry if I asked it before,
Subtitle Workshop doesn't work with LAV video filter, only with FFDShow and I don't know how to fix it. Is it possible to create/arrange an environment running FFDShow only for Subtitle Workshop kind of ad hoc solution?

Many thanks in advance.

AberDino

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2005
    Kincardineshire
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Hi hoborg,

I use SAF on my HTPC (and have done for a very long time, thank you!), with the LAV filters set as the default codecs in MP (only exception is PowerDVD for TV H264). However, I also have the ffdshow audio decoder installed and added the in the tv post processing section to output AC3 for 5.1 HE-AAC audio (Freeview HD). Up until the previous release "v6.3.0 WIP3" this worked well but with the latest "v6.3.1" and the same settings I am not getting AC3 output (directshow graph looks the same). I have verified that if I revert back to "v6.3.0 WIP3" all works fine. Is this something you are aware of? If so, is it related to the latest LAV filters or SAF itself? Happy to carry out further testing if that helps.

Thank you :).

AberDino

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2005
    Kincardineshire
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Hi Hoborg,

Any feedback regarding my previous post? Or is there a different way nowadays to achieve 5.1 AC3 output for 5.1 HE-AAC broadcasts?

I use SAF on my HTPC (and have done for a very long time, thank you!), with the LAV filters set as the default codecs in MP (only exception is PowerDVD for TV H264). However, I also have the ffdshow audio decoder installed and added the in the tv post processing section to output AC3 for 5.1 HE-AAC audio (Freeview HD). Up until the previous release "v6.3.0 WIP3" this worked well but with the latest "v6.3.1" and the same settings I am not getting AC3 output (directshow graph looks the same). I have verified that if I revert back to "v6.3.0 WIP3" all works fine. Is this something you are aware of? If so, is it related to the latest LAV filters or SAF itself? Happy to carry out further testing if that helps.

Thanks

AberDino

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2005
    Kincardineshire
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    OK, did a few more tests and the problem is that from LAV 0.65, 5.1 audio favours the "Side" 5.1 layout rather than rear channels. The solution is to tick the box "Use Legacy 5.1 channel layout" on the LAV audio decoder properties. After that, the ffdshow audio decoder outputs AC3 again for 5.1 HE-AAC audio :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom