Codecs SAF v6 (based on LAVF) (2 Viewers)

D3tritus

Portal Pro
February 14, 2008
Re: SAF v6.00 (based on LAVF)

After two hours of installing, reinstalling, testing, configuring, retesting and swearing I can confirm that SAF 6 works very well with SPDIF/HDMI passthrough...

I can also confirm that if my kids ever touch the knobs on my amp again they will regret it for an extremely long time... :mad:
Saf works fine if your kids have not messed with your amp config and set everything to 5CH stereo, lol. :oops:

somy

Portal Pro
March 7, 2010
Denmark
Home Country
Denmark Denmark

I have done some tests of LAV video decoder, and enabled MPC-HC subtitle engine in MePo.
I think the setup works very well, only small issues when I rewind or forward, but not big deal.
Regarding PQ, it is similar to FFDShow with HQ RGB and dithering, and it is definitely far better than DXVA with my ATI graphics card.

Craymel

Portal Member
July 10, 2008
Home Country
Spain Spain

Hi Hoborg,

Thankls for this great suite of codecs ;)
What I have to do to unlock all the codecs?.

br,

schumach

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2010

Hoborg,

Other than the updated revs has anything changed from the 0729 version and the 0829 version? I loaded the 0829 version and movies studder. Went back to the 0729 version and all is fine.

Thanks for all the work,

schumach

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can help...

I can not get forced subtitles to work!!! I have to manually enable subtitles from MePo when the movie starts. I would have thought "forced" subtitles would mean they are on by default?? :(

I am running MePo 1.2RC, with SAF6.

I have configured SAF to use Mepo for subtitles (not ffdshow). I have an MKV with forced subs. If I launch MePo and Graphstudio, I can see LAV splitter is kicking out the subs to passthru (but I have to enable in the MePo GUI to get it on the screen).

If I try in Grpahstudio on its own, then the sub stream is set to ffdshow video DXVA, which does not show any subs (as subs are disabled in ffdshow) - as you would expect.

So... do I have to do anything specific in MePo to get forced subs to automatically work?

Thanks,

J.

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can help...

I can not get forced subtitles to work!!! I have to manually enable subtitles from MePo when the movie starts. I would have thought "forced" subtitles would mean they are on by default?? :(

I am running MePo 1.2RC, with SAF6.

I have configured SAF to use Mepo for subtitles (not ffdshow). I have an MKV with forced subs. If I launch MePo and Graphstudio, I can see LAV splitter is kicking out the subs to passthru (but I have to enable in the MePo GUI to get it on the screen).

If I try in Grpahstudio on its own, then the sub stream is set to ffdshow video DXVA, which does not show any subs (as subs are disabled in ffdshow) - as you would expect.

So... do I have to do anything specific in MePo to get forced subs to automatically work?

Thanks,

J.

Yes, MePo overide SAF default settings. To make it working correctly, try it with SAF enabled subtitles in Graphstudio, you will see it will be working :)

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

Sorry if its been asked before.. will you add CUVID support to your install? I can install it separately?

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic

Sorry if its been asked before.. will you add CUVID support to your install? I can install it separately?

Hi.
    No. There is a plan to integrate CUVID into LAV video decoder. CUVID is useless to 2/3 users.
    And yes, yo can install it separately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom