Codecs SAF v6 (based on LAVF) (2 Viewers)

lightman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 28, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: SAF v6.00 (based on LAVF)

question: how you switch manual from "normal" output to reciever output (SPDIF, HDMI) ??

instead of reinstall SAF and answering the questions about the reciever thing..

If I got you right.

1. In Windows you can go to sound devices and select an output device (SPDIF, HDMI) a receiver connected to.
    2. In audio filter settings you can enable/disable passthrough of an audio signal. If passthrough is enabled receiver itself will decode an audio format.

how do you adjust 2 In audio filter settings you can enable/disable passthrough of an audio signal. If passthrough is enabled receiver itself will decode an audio format ????

where to find these settings?

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: SAF v6.00 (based on LAVF)

Hello i have a problem. I've suddenly sound skips from 1-2 secs at different intervals. I have only installt your last SAF update and ATI Drivers 11.9...

I have make an inf from my AVR EDID and install this for my tv as driver. At first I thought it is, I did change it back but the soundproblem is still there.

No matter what live tv, series and so on.

Hm i think its an LAV Audio Decoder Bug, now i try ffdshow audio decoder and i have no sound dropouts. Not on Series not on LiveTV all it works fine.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

I've found that with SAF/ffdshow, when I play OnlineVideos the sound is deafening compared to TV and I have to turn MP's volume down from full to about 1 or 2 bars, which is obviously annoying!

Is there any way to make the volume levels between TV and OnlineVideos more equal?

Miranda

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium

Thanks Hoborg for your work and the follow up you do on this topic.

My PC, where mediaportal is installed, is connected through SPDIF (5.1 channel) in my salon and through HDMI (2.0 channel) to my bedroom

TV.

Most of the time, it's configured for 5.1 channel but sometimes I want to watch an AC3 movies in my bedroom ;-)

To do so, I have to
    1- close MePo
    2- open MePo config
    3- go the Video Post Processing
    4- adapt the LAV Audio Decoder filter properties to deselect the Dolby Digital (AC-3)
    5- finaly restart MePo and watch my movie :)

I found a more easy way by installing the
    DScaler Audio Decoder. I have nothing to do, it automatically use LAV in my salon and DScaler in my bedroom.

But when installing SAF 6.0, it warns me that Dscaler5 can cause problems.
    Is there another way for my config?

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country

doveman,

I had the same issue (only use iPlayer with Online videos).

I created a new profile within ffdshow audio, with the volume reduced to 32%.

Then I got it to switch based on source filter (I use mpc splitter, not LAV - with SAF6)

J.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country

@Doveman,

I had the same issue (only use iPlayer with Online videos).

I created a new profile within ffdshow audio, with the volume reduced to 32%.

Then I got it to switch based on source filter (I use mpc splitter, not LAV - with SAF6)

J.

Hey, that's a great idea, but I don't really understand what you mean about source filters. It's iPlayer I've noticed this problem with as well, but I haven't really checked with anything else lately.

Which source filters are you using for OV and TV?

ffdshow tells me that OV stuff is .flv, AAC (libavcodec). So I guess I can just use the "file name (with wildcards)" option and put *.flv in there.

Live TV is .tsbuffer, MP2 (libavcodec). So I guess I can use *.tsbuffer for that.

I presume that it will just switch back to default for everything that isn't assigned to a profile though? If so, I probably only need a profile for OV / flv.

Henric-a

Portal Pro
    November 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi folks,

i've just updated to SAF 6 and will be punished as expected. I had the same issue with the update from SAF 4 to 5 and hoborg and myself couldnt fix it so i stayed at saf 4 for almost all the time, means two years till now.

Here is my problem.

I configured LAV that i'm not using an external decoder cuz most of the time im watching movies and TV without my 5.1 decoder, im watching over my tv speakers. When i want to watch a movie with ac3 or dts sound i switch my standard windows sound device with a keystroke to my realtek soundcard and so the sound will be redirected to my exteral decoder. If i want the sound to my TV i use another keystroke to switch back to the ATI HDMI sound device. Although i've ticked the tickmarks for ac3 and dts a have the sound for ac3 and dts movies on my TV All that works so well with saf 4 but with saf 5 and now 6 i cannot get it to work.
    If i untick the tickmarks in LAV audio configuration for AC3 and DTS then i got sound even from ac3 and dts movies on my TV but only stereo of course, but when i tick them i only got sound when i use my external decoder. I guess in some way that makes a lot of sense but why the hell in saf 4 it works, was it a bug? Is there chance to get the sound over my hdmi wire to my TV even for ac3 and dts with the tick for ac3 and dts are checked in LAV audio configuration.

Thanks in advance
    Henric

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic

@Henric-a:
    What about setup MePo to use two audio decoders ?
    Set FFDshow audio decoder for TV and LAV Audio decoder (with passthrough) for rest.

Henric-a

Portal Pro
    November 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I'm quite shure that i didnt do this in the past and with that workaround i would still have the problem that i dont have sound on my movies and tv series which have ac3 or dts sound and i dont want to use my external receiver. Thats the great thing. I not linked to anything. If i want to watch over my tv or over my receiver i only have to hit the key or my hamrony which fires the keystroke.

But thanks for that offer.

The big questionmark is, what is different to saf 4 to the other versions?

Henric

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic

I'm quite shure that i didnt do this in the past and with that workaround i would still have the problem that i dont have sound on my movies and tv series which have ac3 or dts sound and i dont want to use my external receiver. Thats the great thing. I not linked to anything. If i want to watch over my tv or over my receiver i only have to hit the key or my hamrony which fires the keystroke.
    Henric

Then maybe you can map some registry setting to you remote - like enable/disable DTS/AC3 audio passthrough.
    I mean create some BAT files to enable/disable it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom