Codecs SAF v6 (based on LAVF) (2 Viewers)

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Re: SAF v6.00 (based on LAVF)

Yes, only in MePo :)
    But this sounds like your argument is, that it's a MePo problem simply because it only happens in MePo. This is not a very good argument, imho. Your argument should instead be, that MePo should not rely on system default settings and provide specific reasons for that. Evidently you do make this argument:
    As i already wrote, there can be a lot of reasons why the system is changed this way...
    but you thump too much on the "but everything else has no problem" argument ;).

I am sure the devs will understand this.

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic

Spooky:
    You are right. English is not my primary language and sometime it is hard for me to explain what i would like to say :)
    But hope you understand the whole problem.

I agree that changing defaults can be dangerous.
    But MePo should prevent such problem.

niels37

Portal Pro
    February 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Hi Hoborg,

I use SAF 5 beta and installed mepo 1.2.1.
    how come i sometimes can play a mkv en sometimes not?

the one i can play is smaal in size en the one i can't play is 11 Gb.

I have to say it can't be played in mepo, the larger file i can play with mphc , besides the facht i have two suns instead of one.

any suggestions?

Look here, the same test:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/codecs-331/saf-v6-00-based-lavf-95635/index127.html#post802280

Simply if it is working in Graphstudio, then SAF working as it should.
    You can try to use MKV merge and remux your file just to eliminate possible damage - just try it and see if any error popup.

Thx , i''ll take a look at the link above, and will try to remux the file ( i''ll have to google at that but i will work that out ;-)

@ Hoborg,

I installed SAF 6..............till now everythings works as it should be ............as far i''ve tested the hd files!! So THX i''m happy with SAF 6.

While configuring MePo codecs , recommended settings by you at first post, i couldn''t choose MONOGRAM AAC . So i used LAV audio decoder instead ( i had to choose something right ;-) )

I don't know if this is the right place the following question, but i give it a shot:

When i play a 1080p or other hd material , i don't get full screen on my full HD tv . Even with zoom function in MePo no full screen, at the most an "ugly" stretched screen.

When i play dvd i do get full screen!

What can i do about that?:confused:

ANSWER
    :

I delivered screenshots on mediaportal forum and got these answers
    The way it is on the screenshot is right, else you have to zoom. If you don't want these bars you need to buy a 21:9 TV (from Philips). =)

Holzi is technically right, but with most films I use 14:9 zoom as default for 21:9 movies, this is all done automatically by the "Intelligent Frame Control" plugin, give it a try

Also useful for 4:3 content._________________ Ray

greetz Niels37

SkinsFan0521

Portal Pro
    October 19, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

Also, for the TV... So, you're saying that it's choosing the wrong one as the video renderer. So, how do I change that and what do I change that to?

Edit 2: I've uploaded a sample of that file. It is a .mkv, so I just added a fake ".xmp2" extension on the end of the file name so it would upload. Just edit the file name to delete the ".xmp2" and that's a sample of the file that I'm having problems with. Thanks!

I can play your sample without any issue here.
    About no picture in TV scan - just reinstall saf and this time disable tools durning SAF installation.

But, I've gotta ask... there's no way to just play these mkv files without having to run them through another program first? I'm very knowledgeable about computers, networking, etc, but not at all when it comes to audio and video. The only thing that I know is that my WDTV can play these exact same MKV files with no problem. So, why on my PC (much more powerful, capable and configurable) do I need to do some extra processing on the files to get them to play? I feel like I'm missing

MKV Merge is good tool to detect/fix possible problems in MKV.
    There was already SAf bug report about problems playing certain MKV. After MKV merge test, we found that the files was damaged.

Thanks for the reply. I may do that, but I'd like to see what I hear back on why some of my MKV files aren't playing first. I was hoping that SAF6 was going to FIX my problems, not CREATE more. haha

As i explainded already, this is not SAF issue. SAF only trigger problem in MePo :)

OK, so if you can play my sample without any issue there, but I can't here... what does that mean? haha I know that's a pretty broad question, but do you have any suggestions? Does that mean that I have other codecs interfering? I wouldn't think it would matter since I have all of the settings set exactly how the screenshots display in your first post. Is that a correct assumption?

As for the TV... I don't know why, but when I preview the Analog channels I get only sound and no video, but when I actually play them through MP, I get audio and video. When I try to preview the ATSC channels, I get nothing, but when I play them through MP, I get video only, no audio. So, there is obviously an issue with playing video through the preview. This isn't really a concern to me, but I'm wondering if it gives you any clues to if there is a real problem somewhere? I'm asking because I still can't get those certain MKV files to play and I can't get any audio through ATSC channels.

Any suggestions?

Thank you again, I really do appreciate all of the work that you do on this!

CrAsH_cro

Portal Member
    October 18, 2011
    Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

hi everyone...
    since i instaled saf6 i have non-smooth playback of 24p files in MePo. Before saf6 it was smooth but audio would get out of sync. I believed/believe that audio sync is now working ok (no need for reclock) but i get jerky playback, and the amount of "jerkines" is different from file to file? Does any of you guys have similar problem. I also see that SAF6 is not having latest ffdshow. Is it possible to override the existing ffdshow with latest by just running the latest ffdshow setup? Does it even have sense to do that? i would really like to watch my movies in 24p on my panasonic PT-AE2000E projector, but for now it's not so smooth???

hoborg: i can help with Croatian translation if you like? any info on playing dts music files with LAVF???

Thax a lot!!!!

Dainara

Portal Member
    January 8, 2011
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: SAF v6.00 (based on LAVF)

Hi, i have a little problem to get work sav6 lav codec with blue-rays and DVD's
    i have Medaportal 1.2.1 and everything is up to date
    i have set all to sav6 LAV codec TV, Video, everything works great with sav6 Lav codec but when i play an blue-ray or DVD, mepo use the ffdshow video decoder and the dynamic refresh changer don't go, i don't know where is the problem and where i can change it to lav, couse i have with ffdshow framedrops

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

Dainara.. Do u have blu Ray handler plugin installed?
    You will find it in the plugins section of these forums

Dainara

Portal Member
    January 8, 2011
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: SAF v6.00 (based on LAVF)

yes i have, the only codec what work for blu-ray and with dynamic refresh rate changer is powerdvd 11 video codec than work it but not with the lav codec.
    for dvd i set the mpeg2 codec to mpc hc video decoder that i can use the dvd menu's
    but dynamic refresh rate changer dont work with dvd's

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom