Samsung and pixel mapping (1 Viewer)

sweden

Portal Member
January 20, 2006
I am planning to get a Samsung 46" N87 and I heard that there may be problems with pixel mapping (this thread for example https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=62). Does anyone here have one? If so how is the quality? I want to run 1080 with a nvidia 8800gt card.

Just thought I'd throw out the question, perhaps there is someone with some knowledge of the TV.

sweden

Portal Member
January 20, 2006
thanks for your response. i checked out the site but it does not mention anything about the n-series in 1920x1080. i understand that the n-series is the same as the m-series but without a shiny screen. if so, the lcd i'm looking at should be fine according to the link you gave.

mirk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2006
    Växjö, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    My experince with samsung is that its no problem with pixel mapping (anyway as long as you using VGA). Becorce samsung has so cristal clear picture with vga, i have never tryed to hock it up with DVI/HDMI, but i dont thing that would be any problem ether.
    I have a 40" M86 and a 27" samsung montitors and there is perfect pixelmaping on both.

MoPhat

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2007
    Berg
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hi, i own the Samsung LE-46N87BD and 1:1 pixel mapping is no problem also the 24p (hz) is no problem.

But 1:1 pmapping is only on the hdmi ports allowed!!!!

its a great tv, thumbs up for this lcd :D

MoPhat

sweden

Portal Member
    January 20, 2006
    excellent, I appreciate your responses. no need to keep searching then, tomorrow i'll get it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom