Ongoing Samsung Series 6 52 inch and Catylist Control Centre Optimum Settings (2 Viewers)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Changing the display from 50hz -> 60hz shouldnt change the fps rate for 50hz source material, however you will introduce a slight stutter in panning shots. You should watch NZ HDTV @ 50hz. You always get a few drop frames when switching on the TV in mediaportal at the start, the important thing is the dropped frames# doesn't continue to climb.

If TV3 drops to 46fps then your hardware is struggling to cope with decoding/deinterlacing/rendering the video. My computer used to drop to 46fps on TV3, but since overclocking my video card/memory TV3 stays at 49.5-50.5fps.

gperkinson

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi,

Thanks again for your reply.

I have heard about overclocking, but that is way over my head. Is it difficult or just a setting? Is there risk of damaging the computer?

Regards

Graham

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It depends on your system as to how easy it is. I think that you are probably not experienced enough to overclock. Yes there is a risk of damaging your system/voiding your warranty, risk is very low if you know what you are doing.

martyyn

Portal Pro
    November 5, 2005
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Terrible thread dig but I hope someone is still watching.

I just bought a UA32B6000 LED and straight out of the box its pretty average as you would expect. Ive done some reading and it would appear I should install the ATI CCC to handle everything which I havent done yet as I had issues with it on my old Samsung LCD.

So am I right in thinking I need to install that first to get the 1:1 sorted ?

Im hooked up with DVi-HDMI at the moment in the first HDMI slot (which is what the manual says) and have the options to set the name to PC, DVI-PC and DVI. The middle one lets me alter all colour settings etc, the other two leave me with a sharp screen but very washed out. I also have about an inch ofb lack border when I set it to 1920x1080 so my first goal is to sort that out.

Cheers

gperkinson

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi,

Just spotted your message.

I have DVI to HDMI on my Samsung and you must input it to HDMI 2 as the sound will need to come in via 2 RCA plugs - you should see them labelled on the back of your TV.

I have CCC installed which came with the computer. The secret is to set it to 1920x1080, 50hz and overscan to zero - this should give you full screen - you can then use the adjustments on your remote to change to different screen views i.e. normal, stretch, zoom etc.

Hope that helps??

Graham

martyyn

Portal Pro
    November 5, 2005
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Hi Graham,

I bit the bullet and installed the ATI CCC for my HD3200, set the overscan to 0, rebooted and hey presto I have a crystal clear 1920x1080 desktop :)

Now I just have to work out why MP wont play my VC-1 encoded mkv's which is something else altogether.

gperkinson

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi,

Glad to hear it!!

Did you plug the DVI cable into HDMI2????

My only gumble is the dropped frames on fast moving video - especially cartoons - not sure if it's my video card or something else.

Graham

martyyn

Portal Pro
    November 5, 2005
    Wellington, New Zealand
    The manual tells me I have to plug the HDMI into the first slot, which is what I have done and the desktop is now stunning.

Graham have you used the SAF package on your machine ? None of my 1080 stuff will play at all so Im seriously thinking of a rebuild using that to see how it goes. I see KiwiJ has it in his signature which is usually a good sign :)

gperkinson

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi,

No, I use PDVD9 from the HDPack2.2 for 1080i and set deinterlacing to best - works fine on my machine, but mine is very gruinty. Has Vista (32 bit) SP2 installed.

Cheers

Graham

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom