Samusung LCD TV with VGA, DVI or HDMI? (1 Viewer)

robomonkey

Portal Pro
August 4, 2005
I thought I'd reply with my experience..

I recently (last week) bought a Samsung LE26R87BD, and am using DVI->HDMI @ 1360x768, and the picture is excellent, pixel perfect! So good I now want to replace my 32" Toshiba with a Samsung!

I realise people have thier favorite brands, and brands they completely stay away from. But you can't assume any brand will allow 1:1 pixel mapping over HDMI, some models do, some don't, its as simple as that.

Finding out which do can be very tricky, personally I found it best to download and read the manuals they're usually very clear what will work.

Lastly with a resolution of 1360 x 768, I don't believe you will be able to notice the difference between HDMI and VGA, if you're moving up a notch to 1920 x 1080 then HDMI has to be the answer.

smnnekho

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    Germany
    okay... finally. i didnt believed in all you guys and got a DVI--> cable for my samsung 37' LCD which is told all over the internet to dont accept it.

it does. perfectly fine. with 0% overscan at all..

so to all the samsung out there who want to use hdmi: just give it a try and invest the 10 bucks for a cable.

btw: i'm using a nvidia 8600GT

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom