July 15, 2008

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Well, there are several bug in tswriter (see https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/tswriter-deadlock-potential-fix.114898/page-5#post-951550) so sometimes tvserver hangs and MP client tries to connect. Than sandclock is displayed. Unfurtunatelly it's not easy to reproduce. If you have a test enviroment just delay tvserver while fetching tv program to bring sandclock up.

Yeah, but I don't see any issues with TsWriter, which is why I don't see the problem. What we need is clear steps to reproduce this, OR the detailed steps you followed on one occasion when it happened. I need to know what to look for in the logs (going to the EPG, switching channel group, tuning a channel ?) so that I can see where it might have gone wrong for you.

ramu

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2008
    No you are right there is no direct linkt to that problem, But if tvserver hangs MP client brings up that sand clock. So it's only visible if the connection between server and client is very slow and/or corrupt. I think a method to start sandclock is allways started somewhere but in normal use it's stopped nearly in the same moment. Thats the reason because you do not see it in normal use....

When it's displayed and any other interaction with MP client is done client isn't able to stop sandclock anymore. So I've seen it when trying to open tv program. I'sure there is a methode somewhere at the beginning of tv programm which openes sandclock ...

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    No you are right there is no direct linkt to that problem, But if tvserver hangs MP client brings up that sand clock. So it's only visible if the connection between server and client is very slow and/or corrupt. I think a method to start sandclock is allways started somewhere but in normal use it's stopped nearly in the same moment. Thats the reason because you do not see it in normal use....

When it's displayed and any other interaction with MP client is done client isn't able to stop sandclock anymore. So I've seen it when trying to open tv program. I'sure there is a methode somewhere at the beginning of tv programm which openes sandclock ...

Right, I do understand all this.

But what I need from you are simple answers.

1. When you were producing those log, did you see the 'sandclock' ?

2. If the answer to 1 is yes, tell me when it happened. What did you do to make it happen?

ramu

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2008
    Hi, here are the answers for You:

1. This new logs where taken directly after I saw the sandclock. As discribed tvserver was hanging again.
    2. In this case I opened MP Client (not on my MP Server), chose TV Program and got the attached screens.
    - Screehunter60 first and after chosing a different channel group Scrennhunter 61. Both with sandclock on it.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_60.jpg
      ScreenHunter_60.jpg
      63.5 KB
    • ScreenHunter_61.jpg
      ScreenHunter_61.jpg
      77.1 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom