Satellite list updates (1 Viewer)

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I wonder how often tuning details of the satellites are being updated. At least for Astra 19.2E, with the currently importable lists, there are more than 350 stations which are not found on a complete scan due to outdated lists.

So, @Developers what about making mediaportal server compatible with http://satellites-xml.eu/ output format? Then everybody could just have daily updates if one wants to.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

I wonder how often tuning details of the satellites are being updated.
    We get our satellite details from FastSatFinder. My observation has been that they provide updates approximately once per week, though I haven't paid close attention recently.

Last update was 15 July. The next update will probably be in the next 24 hours.

At least for Astra 19.2E, with the currently importable lists, there are more than 350 stations which are not found on a complete scan due to outdated lists.
    My first reaction is to doubt that FSF would be so far out of date. Like I said, the latest data update was on 15 July.
    Please:
    1. Confirm that you have used the "update satellite list" function.
    2. Give some examples of missing stations (name, transponder frequency, transponder polarisation).

So, @Developers what about making mediaportal server compatible with http://satellites-xml.eu/ output format? Then everybody could just have daily updates if one wants to.
    Nice idea... but it looks like their output format doesn't contain all the information TV Server requires. In particular: modulation scheme, DVB-S2 pilot tones state and DVB-S2 roll-off factor are not available. Therefore that service would not be suitable/compatible.

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Last update was 15 July. The next update will probably be in the next 24 hours.

My first reaction is to doubt that FSF would be so far out of date. Like I said, the latest data update was on 15 July.
    Please:
    1. Confirm that you have used the "update satellite list" function.
    2. Give some examples of missing stations (name, transponder frequency, transponder polarisation).

I wasn't aware that updates come so fast. Yes, I did use the update satellite list function on all tuners. When I make a full scan, I get a list of 929 TV and radio stations (FTA and Encrypted), when I compare this to TV + Radio Astra 19.2° Ost there should be 1127. (Ok, not 350+, I forgot to count the radio stations....). I noticed e.g. that some HD channels of german public TV were missing (e.g. "Das Erste HD").
    So I wonder where are the missing channels if updates are so fast normally? I only noticed this because I set up the TV server from scratch after a Windows Server reinstallation.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I noticed e.g. that some HD channels of german public TV were missing (e.g. "Das Erste HD").
    Well, 11494H is in the transponder list, so I assume it's not a general problem that affects everybody. I can't explain why you're missing it unless you provide TV Server log files showing the full scan.

So I wonder where are to missing channels if updates are so fast normally?
    I don't think expecting the number of channels to match is the best way to approach this problem because the number of channels varies even between websites.

As mentioned above, I'm happy to check scan log files. Unless you choose to provide them, anything else would be speculation.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    One other comment...

Yes, I did use the update satellite list function on all tuners.
    There is only one set of tuning detail files, not one per tuner. So, it is only necessary to use update satellite list once, not once-per-tuner.
    Furthermore, you should only need to scan with one tuner [which is capable of receiving all the channels]. After scanning once, you can map/link the found channels to all other tuners. Map/link saves a lot of time.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Of course, log is attached :)
    ...and now the reason becomes obvious! ;)
    You failed to tick "enable DVB-S2 channels tuning/scanning" before scanning. Therefore none of the DVB-S2 transponders - including the one that broadcasts Das Erste HD - were scanned.

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    *ouch* I can't believe it.... *blush*

Thanks!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    :)
    These things happen. No need to be embarrassed - it's an easy mistake to make.
    I'm just happy to have been able to help.
    See you around! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom