Scaleo C Remote

Discussion in 'Remotes' started by RickyManfred, September 4, 2011.

1. RickyManfred

RickyManfred Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    MediaPortal Version: 1.1.2.0
    MediaPortal Skin: Blue3 Wide
    Windows Version: XP MCE
    CPU Type: P4 3Ghz
    HDD: PATA
    Memory: DDR 1,5Gb
    Motherboard: MSI/FSC OEM
    Video Card: Nvidia GF FX5200
    Video Card Driver: Nvidia
    Sound Card: OEM
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver: C-Media AC-97
    1. TV Card: this is just a client
    1. TV Card Type: this is just a client
    1. TV Card Driver: this is just a client
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: SAF 6.0
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: SAF 6.0
    h.264 Video Codec: SAF 6.0
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Viasat
    HTPC Case: FSC Scaleo C
    Cooling: Some Fans, watercooling broken long ago
    Power Supply: OEM Broken, modiifed (Shrinked) some 250W PSU
    Remote: Hope i'll find some that works
    TV:
    TV - HTPC Connection:

OK, I have a Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo C that I bought at ebay a while ago, thought it would be a nice first computer for my 6-year old daughter. Since we have a server running mediaportal here in our house off course she should have a mediaportal client on her computer.
    With a lot of tweaking i've now got almost everything on this little machine to work with mediaportal, only thing missing now is a remote, the original one was not included when i bought it.
    Anyway
    This machine has a built in IR receiver that identifies itself as VID: 0419 PID: 0001. The IR sensors are connected to a chip from Cypress, CY7C63001. I havent found any drivers at all for this receiver but windows identifies it as a USB HID. The LED indication on the front panel blinks when the driver is loaded and it receives signal from any random remote.
    I have now been testing for several days with different MCE remotes to get this to work, using HID device/plugins in both Girder and IRSS just hangs the receiver and i have to restart the computer. tried various software i found on the internet to get some signal to come from the driver. When using some USB sniffer software i can get som initiation data from it when "re-plugging" it but nothing from pressing keys on the remotes.
    Does anyone know how the original remote to this system works?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!