Scan and download each time for 2 shows (1 Viewer)

shadowfred

Portal Member
November 11, 2012
Home Country
France France
Hi.

I use MP-TV series since a long time and I have a trouble with 2 shows ("Avatar the Last Airbender" and "Star Wars - The Clone Wars")

Each time I launch an "Import Wizard", the program launch a new import of these 2 shows.

It's not a great problem, but I thought it was just a bug and it will be cleaned on an update.

But I have it since months and just want to know if I am alone like this.

Can you help me ?

Thank you

Fred.

shadowfred

Portal Member
November 11, 2012
Home Country
France France
Hi.
Sorry for the time for the answer.
Here you have the log of MP-Tvseries.

It makes an update for episode thumbnails each time for 3 shows now:
  1. avatar
  2. Castle
  3. Star Wars the Clone Wars.
It's not a big trouble, but it would make my day if you can help me.

Thanks a lot.

Fred.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Run the scenario again with logging set to 'debug' verbosity, because not enough details exist in the log you provided.

As far as possible solutions; have you tried deleting one of them from your database and then reimport the show fresh?

shadowfred

Portal Member
    November 11, 2012
    Home Country
    France France
    here you have.

Thanks for the help.

I will try to delete the shows and I will tell you.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Maybe @ltfearme can have a look at your debug log file with SQL queries to see if he spot why it keeps wanting to re-add those same 3 shows.

A quick view by myself makes it look like the SQL queries complete successfully, but they don't actually update any rows. This would explain why they are stuck in this constant loop of retrying. Could be a database corruption, which as I mentioned before might be as easy as simply deleting the show in question from the database and then reimporting it, or worst it could require you to delete entire database and start over.

Just wait a little longer for an answer, but on one of the shows you can indeed already go ahead and try the delete+re-import method to see if that indeed solves it, that way you can still test any possible MP-TVSeries fix on the other two.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    The Import Wizard always does a fresh lookup for series, it doesnt re-use existing matches in database if file series parse name is identical.

This is why it always probably has problems for you on those series. It should be fine in the GUI, it does re-use existing parse names to match new files on import.

The change to re-use existing database for series names might not be that much effort, if Im every back in that part of the code I will take a look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom