MP2 - V2.1 "Scan for channels" Button active when #1 not checked (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tilman Hausherr

May 15, 2017
Home Country
Germany Germany
:

Description
In TV Server configuration, TV Servers/NAME/DVB-S it is possible to "Scan for channels" although #1 is unchecked, the result is that nothing is scanned (0). This is confusing for newbies. Only after I have read the wiki I understood that I have to check #1 (or more) and then do the scan.

=> suggestion: deactivate the button until #1 is checked.

Steps to Reproduce:
Fresh install, Start MediaPortal 2 TV Configuration, go to TV Servers/NAME/DVB-S, press "Scan for channels".

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Tilman,

Welcome to MediaPortal and the forum:)

although #1 is unchecked, the result is that nothing is scanned (0). This is confusing for newbies.
    Your description is accurate that nothing is scanned if #1 is unchecked.(y)

suggestion: deactivate the button until #1 is checked.
    This would more be a feature request and I might move your posting to that section. Unfortunately I will also have to reject the request. The reason is that we are using the TVServer part (TVE 3) as a library (with some minor adjustments). It is maintained by @mm1352000 and its development is under code-freeze. @mm1352000 is working on a new significantly improved TV engine (TVE 3.5), which is maybe already addressing your request. Currently there is no exact date until when it will enter productive stage.

Only after I have read the wiki I understood that I have to check #1 (or more) and then do the scan.
    I am glad that you referred to the Wiki and were able to help yourself:).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom