Scan for Channels not Find Horse and Country TV channel (1 Viewer)

RobAtBentley

Portal Pro
July 31, 2013
Suffolk
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I've been using MP1 TV Server for a few years now, but recently (after a TV channel dbase rebuild) I just can't find the Horse & Country channel in my freesat TV scan of channels. Similar problem with ITV 2 + 1 but my wifes giving me more grief about the loss of H&C channel.

I recently had to delete and rebuild all of my TV channel dbase due to a problem channel stability and EPG collections. i.e. Fixed my channel problems but a few channels just didn't re-appear after a number of re-scans. I've re-scanned on a regular basis just in case the scan required the channel to be actually broadcasting but made no difference.

If logs will help then please request them but have a feeling that it's some sort of config issue. I've provided my TV Server Config/Scanning tab screen-shot to show some of the settings.

Update: The scan could actually have found it but just not named it accordingly. I looked for the H&C channel details on Lyngsat (details here) which match-up with an entry in the TVService.log with entry line of...

[2014-10-10 20:20:15,343] [Log ] [25 ] [INFO ] - 10) 0x2 0x81C 0xD37C 0x111 type:0
[2014-10-10 20:20:15,343] [Log ] [25 ] [INFO ] - Found: DVBS:tv: Unknown D37C Freq:12552000 ONID:2 TSID:2076 SID:54140 PMT:0x111 FTA:True LCN:10000 SymbolRate:22000 Modulation:ModNotSet Polarisation:LinearV InnerFecRate:Rate5_6 DisEqc:None band:Universal Pilot:NotSet RollOff:NotSet​

Not really sure what the log entry actually means but suspect H&C channel is being called "Unknown". Could this be the case?

Attachments

• TV Servers Scanning tab 20141010.jpg
    TV Servers Scanning tab 20141010.jpg
    73.5 KB
Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again Rob

If logs will help then please request them...
    I can't help with such a problem unless you provide logs. That's because I can't see which transponders TV Server scanned and which channels it found and didn't find on them.

...but have a feeling that it's some sort of config issue.
    IMHO that's unlikely.

I've provided my TV Server Config/Scanning tab screen-shot to show some of the settings.
    Honestly, this tells me almost nothing.

Update: The scan could actually have found it but just not named it accordingly.
    Yes, from the log excerpt you've provided, that seems to be exactly what has happened.

I looked for the H&C channel details on Lyngsat (details here) which match-up with an entry in the TVService.log with entry line of...
    That's why we always need the logs when you ask for help... ;)

Could this be the case?
    Yes, it seems to be the case.

Regards,
    mm

RobAtBentley

Portal Pro
    July 31, 2013
    Suffolk
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    SJB (from EPG Collector support team): Can you zip up the EPG Collector log and the xmltv file and upload them somewhere?
    Apologies for saving the files for EPG Collector forum problem here - problems related and have absolutely nowhere else to host them. Please see EPG forum related post here. ...which is to do with EPG Collector merging and MP1 XMLTV duplicate keys... SJB, please see attached logs as requested.

Attachments

• EPG Collector.zip
      904 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom