[no Bug] Scanning for the Video Database issue (1 Viewer)

T-Buster

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2007
    LDK
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello at all

My Videofiles all have an separate Folder for each Video (Folder Name = Video Name, some of my Videos are DVD's and in this case i put the *.vob, *.ifo, *.bup files in one Folder,

In the Video Section i set the Option that every Video has an separate Folder.

After scanning my share i get a "Conflict Window" witch i think its normal, but in this Window i see that there are two entry's for the Video's with the DVD Files in the Folder, one entry for the VIDEO_TS.IFO, and one entry for the VTS_01_0.IFO. (See attached Picture) .

This was my first Configuration , and i do not set the Debug Option, sorry for that.

Attachments

• First scan.JPG
      First scan.JPG
      57.9 KB

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    No need log for this. I will recreate your case to see how is VTS_01_0.IFO got through. In conflict screen just choose VIDEO_TS.IFO because this is main file and ignore 2nd. Thx for report.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    No need log for this. I will recreate your case to see how is VTS_01_0.IFO got through. In conflict screen just choose VIDEO_TS.IFO because this is main file and ignore 2nd. Thx for report.
    if this turns out to be a bug, then please set the thread prefix here to "bug" and create a mantis issue.

:D

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    The problem is that DVD backups in MP must follow DVD directory structure, ie. Bad Girls case:

\\OBELIX\Filme\Bad Girls\VIDEO_TS\(Here goes all dvd video VOB files including IFOs)

and like that other DVDs in your collection.

This is not a feature of 1.2.0 as it works like that before. To change this behavior is not easy because it should be done on global MP level and sure it will lead to new bugs.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    The problem is that DVD backups in MP must follow DVD directory structure, ie. Bad Girls case:

\\OBELIX\Filme\Bad Girls\VIDEO_TS\(Here goes all dvd video VOB files including IFOs)
    Correct. Otherwise the playback would not really work either.
    If no \VIDEO_TS\, then users will see the *.ifo and *.vob files which is not userfriendly, and also not what we want it to work like.
    So "no bug" then.

T-Buster

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2007
    LDK
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok thanks for this hint, i never need this Video_TS sub folder in the past, cause mainly i use Moving Pictures for my Video Archive, and with Moving Pictures there is no need for this Folder.

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Sure your way is not in any way wrong but as MP behave like that for a long time there is a big risk to change it without to mess something else. I will try to see if this can be implemented but I'm not promising that I will succeed soon and ofc., My Videos is not a replacement for Moving Pictures. You can see it something like light version of Movie Handler. I like it but if somebody is Movie fun collector, I think Moving Pics is better for it (especially in grabbers point of view).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom