Scheduled recording not starting at the correct time (1 Viewer)

TonyR63

Portal Pro
December 1, 2015
Home Country
Australia Australia
I scheduled to record on Monday on SBS a documentary about the Tube and when I went to play it back the recording was from 35 minutes into the program so I only got the last 30% of the broadcast. The recording ran on for 10 minutes beyond the end of he scheduled program. The program was broadcast on time as I saw live the last 30 minutes. Since it was scheduled to record by selecting from the MP EPG schedule why did the recording start so late. I have seen this before a few times but mostly I capture the whole program as the system is configured to start a few minutes before the schedule start time and to run of a further 10 minutes in case it is running late.

TonyR63

Portal Pro
December 1, 2015
Home Country
Australia Australia
What log files (filename) do you need and where (folder path) can I find them?

TonyR63

Portal Pro
December 1, 2015
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi

The program I scheduled to record was "Building the tube" Tuesday 29/01/2019 09:50 PM to 10:45 PM here.

SBS Program Guide for TV and Radio

MediaPortal 2.0 recorded from 10.32 PM and only run for 24 minutes of the 55 minute broadcast. It was scheduled for record via the EPG play list NOT via a timer record. Another recording on ABC that evening scheduled the same way was recorded correctly. As I have reported this is not the first time I have seen recording start at the wrong time losing program content. Why did this recording only run for 24 minutes. There is massive disk space available to media portal as the server has 1.89 TB free.

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2019-02-04-15.55.20.zip
    382.6 KB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The program I scheduled to record was "Building the tube" Tuesday 29/01/2019 09:50 PM to 10:45 PM here.
    Thanks for the logs. Sadly they are extremely difficult to read because they still contain importer entries and are virtually flooded by EPG log entries. The latter makes me believe that your EPG is not correctly configured. Make sure that you set up only one of your three cards to grab EPG. This alone will reduce log load by two thirds without losing anything.

It was scheduled for record via the EPG play list NOT via a timer record.
    This is the routine way of scheduling recordings.

The recording started at 10:32 PM
    [2019-01-29 22:32:42,775] [110711731] [scheduler thread] [INFO ] - SlimTvService: RecordingStarted: D:\MPrecordings\Recorded TV\SBS ONE\Building The Tube\Building The Tube - 2019-01-29.ts

The only explanation that I have is that EPG data were incorrect. Thee's no way to tell after the fact what was wrong. More details - especially scheduler timer data - are visible at server startup if you set the log level to DEBUG. Otherwise you may also check the scheduler information in the TV Configuration scheduler tab.

As I wrote above, I believe that your EPG grabber is not configured in an optimal manner. Can you post a screen shot of your respective setup screens?

TonyR63

Portal Pro
    December 1, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    How do I check that that my EPG is not correctly configured. How do I make sure that I set up only one of my three cards to grab EPG? I would not have intended to do that but I don't know what all the potential configuration options mean. Each DVB card has Create groups for each provider ticked. Is this setting EPG? Clarify what screen I should be looking at?

In TV EPG grabber not all channels instances are ticked. Where do you set EPG for each tuner?

I sent the log files because they were requested but I initially asked the question thinking there might have been some general advice that could explain the event reported. At time of selecting the recording it appeared at the expected time 09:50 not 10:25 so I believe the EPG was correctly displayed.

Attachments

• MP2 EPG.PNG
      MP2 EPG.PNG
      12.3 KB

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    How many tuner (-cards) do you have? I guess, it's only one...

The recording started late because another recording was running on the only available tuner until 10:32 PM. You can not record two shows from different channels at the same time with only one tuner.

If you have more than one tuner you probably missed to map the channels to all tuner...

Your EPG Settings seems to be OK, not perfect but it should work. Perfect would be if you only select one channel that provides EPG data for many channels. But I don't know if this is valid in your region. Here on the other end of the world often the EPG is aired for a whole channel family on one channel and you only need to grab EPG from a single channel to get data for all channels from this family...

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Where do you set EPG for each tuner?
    Section TV Servers: select every tuner one after the other and click on Edit. You'll see an option Allow this card to be used for EPG grabbing. Ticking this for just one tuner is sufficient.

I initially asked the question thinking there might have been some general advice that could explain the event reported.
    I don't have one. Things work or they don't - but not sometimes.

At time of selecting the recording it appeared at the expected time 09:50 not 10:25 so I believe the EPG was correctly displayed.
    Well, no way of verifying this after the fact. You may keep your log level at DEBUG so that you can post a new set of logs at the next occurrence of the problem.

Your screen shot lacks the important part at the top of the dialogue...
    The important thing to understand is that MP will download all offered EPG for every channel that you've ticked. However, many broadcasters send their complete EPG bouquet on every channel. In your case "7TWO Adelaide" may yield the same data that you already collected on "7 Adelaide".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom