Scheduled Recording Problem (2 Viewers)

shred444

Portal Pro
May 13, 2006
//i have a pvr-500 dual tuner

So i was watching TV last night, and all of a sudden, the channel changed. There was a little red recording sign on the bottom. I looked at the tv guide and saw that channel 52 was being recorded, which is good, but the channel that MP had switched to (channel 4) was not supposed to be recording. The tvguide section did not have a record icon next to the show, but every time i changed channels, it said all tuners were busy.

I then went into the scheduled section to see what was scheduled to record at that time, and channel 52 was there (good), but so was channel 4.

Heres what happened: I have a weekly schedule for The Amazing Race on sundays on channel 4. The amazing race was not airing that week, because some santa garbage was on. Media Portal began recording during that time anyway, but never put a recording icon next to the show in the tv-guide.

Is this done on purpose?

russtaylor

Portal Member
October 16, 2005
Adelaide
Home Country
MP has always done this. It also does it when the show changes timeslot by a few minutes eg The schedule records a show at 7:30-8:30 every week but this week they decide to air the same show at 7:25-8:25. The recording icon won't show in the TV Guide.

I assume it's because the schedule just looks at the time and date for the recording and doesn't test/check the name of the show. You will see that the name of the show recorded is the show that actually aired and not your Scheduled Recording name. Sometimes you get lucky and it's a show you like :)

Not really a solution but I think we are stuck with it...

Russ

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well we're aware of these problem and will come up with a more decent solution in the future...

We just do not only want to rely on the name - imagine your series schedule has EPG entries like "Tuning TV", "Tuning tv" and "TuningTV" - you'd miss 66% of your shows - so MP decides it's better to record too much than miss one ;)

shred444

Portal Pro
    May 13, 2006
    well shouldnt that time slot still show a record button?

even though its not the correct recording name?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom