Scheduled XmLTV guide not being downloaded (1 Viewer)

RussellH

Portal Member
December 26, 2019
Home Country
Australia Australia
I have just installed MP 2.4
I have set up for ICE TV XMTV guide
Followed all instructions for set up ( as for MP 1 )
Guide doesnot download at specefied time
I can manually obtain it in Remote tab

Also cannot get Weather section set up
A further issue is - Network adaptor keeps waking my Windows 10 computer from Sleep This issue only started to ocur recently with my MP 1which I uninstalled to replace with MP 2 because of this issue
I am sure that something in MP 1 & 2 is causing this as after uninstall of MP 1 computer went to sleep Ok but again after install of MP 2 it keeps waking from sleep
Any help with these issues would be appreciated

Last edited:

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Network adaptor keeps waking my Windows 10 computer from Sleep
    I had some problems with this recently (I think because I have been booting different versions of Windows and MP, and they don't all have the same settings).

The solution was simple -- I went to the "Power Management" tab in the "Properties" dialogue for the network adapter in "Device Manager", and I disabled "Allow this device to wake the computer". I normally run my HTPC with that setting disabled, but booting other Windows/MP systems must have caused it to become enabled.

It is my impression that router devices and ADSL modems periodically ping all of the devices that are currently connected to them, in order to be able to detect when those devices go "off-line". So if you don't want a sleeping or hibernating device to wake repeatedly, you need to disable that setting.

As to your other problems, I cannot offer any advice as I have not used an XML EPG with MP, or the Weather feature.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

RussellH

Portal Member
    December 26, 2019
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi CYybrSimian
    Thanks for your response
    I am aware that Network Adaptor can be stopped from waking computer
    However I want the computer to wake up from sleep to -
    Obtain sheduled update of XML Guide
    Record scheduled TV programs
    and anything else requiring wake from sleep
    Stopping Network Adaptor from waking computer prevents these operations
    Note I had MP 1 operating for some years with no real problem then verry recently computer began waking from sleep every time it was put to bed
    After uninstall of MP1 and prior to install of MP2 The problem went away but returned as soon as MP 2 was installed
    Dont know whether problem could be result of a windows update or something in MP
    ll my drivers are up to date
    This is a mystery

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Stopping Network Adaptor from waking computer prevents these operations
    It is possible that you have an extremely weird setup o_O . If so, please describe it, as I am very curious . But it is more likely that you have misunderstood how these things work.

To wake the HTPC to perform a recording, MP uses Windows "Task Scheduler" to wake the system. This does not require a network adapter at all. And if you have one, it does not need to be enabled to wake the system. That setting is not enabled on my system, and I have no problem recording TV using MP.

To download the xml EPG at some pre-defined time, the Windows "Task Scheduler" is again used to wake the system. The program that does the download for you will create the task (possibly an MP plugin?).

I would suggest disabling the setting for a few days and seeing how that works. MP should still wake to perform recordings, but I don't know about the xml download. I am not sure whether MP2 does that for you, so you might need to return to MP1 to get the xml download to work.

RussellH

Portal Member
    December 26, 2019
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi CyberSimian
    Thanks
    As I am in Brisbane Australia it is now 11.10.PM and I am going to go to Sleep
    I will follow up on your response tomorrow
    Perhaps I should Go back to MP 1
    I did download and install the latest 64 bit version the other day
    But it got stuck during the opening process and would not complete opening so I uninstalled it
    Thanks again for your interest in my problems

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If you are using the TVE3, there is basically no difference between MP1 and MP2, means if you follow the WIKI and can setup the scheduler MP2 should also take the xml data automatically.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    I did download and install the latest 64 bit version the other day
    But it got stuck during the opening process and would not complete opening so I uninstalled it
    Unfortunately, MP 1.32 has some problems, and (if you want a simple life) I would advise against installing it.

If you want to return to MP1, I would recommend MP 1.31, which is available only as a 32-bit version. MP 1.33 is in development at the moment, and it fixes most (all?) of the problems that MP 1.32 has. However, I don't know when MP 1.33 will be released.

Alternatively, remain with MP2 and follow the setup procedures necessary to download and import the xml file for your EPG. You might need to experiment a bit to get it setup correctly.

RussellH

Portal Member
    December 26, 2019
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi CyberSimian
    I am pulling hair out that i dont have
    Have uninstalled MP2
    Reinstalled MP 1.32 (all previous settings for tv server were already in place -strange)
    Reactivated Network adaptor to allow to wake computer
    Did get XML TV guide update (computer woke from sleep for this and went back to sleep again)
    Scheduled a recording computer woke up to record and shut down after (note Network adaptor set to wake )
    On checking recorded tv nothing was recorded
    Tried to watch TV no reception
    TV button opens and closes
    Did thorough uninstall of !.32 using Revo Uninstaller to remove all traces
    Reinstalled 1.32 as a fresh install
    came up with same result all paramaters on server set up were already in place when I tried to populate the fields
    Completed set up once again no TV reception
    Note on each install attempt an icon apears on screen" Media Portal X86 Proxy" -(?)
    It appears to me that because the server set up is being prepopulated that this is causing a problem
    ( even though I did what I thought was a clean Install)
    I will probly uninstall 1.32 again and try MP2 again
    Have you any comment as to why I was unable to do a fresh and clean reinstall of 1.32 The install was fine but something wrong with the operation)
    I hope this doesent happen with MP2
    Hoping this is not a lot of waffle and it makes some sense to you

Last edited:

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Reinstalled MP 1.32
    I think that this is the cause of the problems that you have been having in the last few hours. You will have a far easier life if you install MP 1.31 (note: 1.31, not 1.32). If you don't still have the MP 1.31 installer on your system, you can download it from here.

If you run the MP 1.32 Uninstaller and then the MP 1.31 Installer, your settings should be preserved (I think). Alternatively, if you prefer a clean start:
    • Run the MP 1.32 Uninstaller.
    • Run the MySQL Uninstaller.
    • Delete all folders that have "Team MediaPortal" in the name in "Program Files" and "ProgramData".
    • Delete all folders that have "MySQL" in the name in "Program Files" and "ProgramData".
    • Reboot.
    • Run the MP 1.31 Installer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom