Schedules Direct US/Canadian/Mexico EPG Plugin (Updated August 2010) (1 Viewer)

KeesVDP

Portal Member
May 2, 2006
I haven't been able to get this plugin to work with 1.0 RC1, has anyone else had any luck? It goes in the TV-Server's plugin folder right? I'm not getting any errors, just not results.

bigguy333

Portal Member
April 4, 2008
KeesVDP, when I tried to use mssql, I could not ge the guide to come through at all. I then installed mysql for my database. That worked but the guide was all mixed up (the guide didn't match all the channels). if you look for a previous post of mine, I posted my fix that worked for me.

KeesVDP

Portal Member
May 2, 2006
When I click "drop schema" for my tvlibrary in MySQL, it deletes my tv server from the TV Server Config. How do I get it back so I can scan for channels? Thanks.

patrick

Portal Pro
April 20, 2005
Southeast
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Pat,

The scan is complete and I believe most or all work. However, when the scan by MP was completed, it gave a simple internal setting of channel name and channel number such as 99 and 99, then your guide module filled in the data except for some of the highest channels.. it actually ignored the channel there but created a duplicate.. for example I have 2 channel 714's. The one from MP shows no channel data but it will still tune the channel. Your module added also 714 with all the channel info and guide, but it fails to tune the channel but leaves the prior channel in place.

Would you like me to send the virgin scan and the post plugin modified channel list?

Bill

Sorry so late, but if you want me to look at it I will see if I can find the problem.

patrick

Ok here is my script for MYSQL. At least that is the database that I am using, I have no idea what the database looks like for mssql. First off USE THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK, you may get a corrupt database after you run this and have to reinstall the sql database. Ok there is the formal warning ;)

Thanks! Hopefully I'll have some time this weekend to see if I can figure out where my problem might be.

patrick

When I click "drop schema" for my tvlibrary in MySQL, it deletes my tv server from the TV Server Config. How do I get it back so I can scan for channels? Thanks.

bigguy333 said:
3. Restart the tvservice (it should recreate the tvlibrary).

patrick

bigguy333

Portal Member
April 4, 2008

Well, all I did was to restart my tv service. If that does not work, just uninstall your mysql server and tvserver and reinstall them. But the restart of the tv service should recreate the database.

Morphx2

Portal Member
April 23, 2008
It is showing the wrong timezone or something, the tv guide in MP is showing shows that should start in around 1 hour as being showed right now.

Example:

schedule direct for 1am: lalala

what it should be: 1am kakakaka
2am lalalalalal

any idea on how to fix this timezone problem or something?

Liquidtouch

Portal Pro
February 25, 2007
Victoria, BC Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
I have it working with MP 1.0 RC1 +SVN, In a client/server singleseat setup using MSSQL. My SD listings are for analog cable about 55+ channels in Canada. I have no time problems or channels missing content. I was able to use it to update the names of all my channels and they are all correct. Well at least the ones we watch on a regular basis.

I know nothing about SQL except for what I had to install to get this to work. I did not have to do anything fancy to get it to work. This probably doesn't help you but at least you know its possible.

JK

Morphx2

Portal Member
April 23, 2008
I fixed my timezone issue

New issue:

the mapping is wrong. For example, channel 11 is WB.
on the guide in media portal, it shows no data for channel 11
it shows the data that should be for WB on a totally different channel.

How can i correct this? Is there a way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom