Screen Resolution Issues (1 Viewer)

Ridger111

September 5, 2011
Hi all,

I seem to be running into an issue with the screen resolution changing automatically from 1024x768 to 640x480.

It occurs every time I start, or restart the PC... It will always boot up and open Windows XP in 640x480. Also, if I am watching a movie in MP and I stop the movie, it will kick out back to the menu and reset itself to 640x480 as well.

I've tried updating the drivers of my video card to the latest version, and that did not help. It is becoming frustrating when every time I boot it up or close a movie, I have to exit out and change the screen resolution to 1024x768.

Any ideas or help???

Thanks!

MediaPortal Version: 1.1.3.0
MediaPortal Skin: Maya
Windows Version: WinXP Service Pack 3
CPU Type: Pentium4 3.00GHz
HDD: 150GB
Memory: 1.00GB
Motherboard:
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450
Video Card Driver: 8.831.2.0
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card:
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: MPC - MPEG-2 Video Decoder (Gabest)
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec: DivX H.264 Decoder
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply: Dell 305W
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Ridger111

September 5, 2011
I checked both connections (tv and PC), and both are rock solid. It's a 15 ft. HDMI cable.

Also, I don't see this as an issue since it is a digital connection and there should be no intermittent problems, otherwise I would experience other symptoms. A digital connection is generally, on or off, and does not have interference like an analog connect.

Unless I'm wrong...

I am able to manually resize the resolution to 1024x768 once it resizes down, it is just a hassle to get up and reset it all time.

Any other thoughts???

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom