ScreenControl plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (1 Viewer)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Dear community,
as part of the easter rollout of my plugin collection please find version 1.2.0 of ScreenControl at the first post of this thread and in our plugin repository.

Personal note: Due to the expected workload in the next month and lack of time I feel compelled to reduce the plugin development to a minimum. I'm not sure when I'll have the time again, but I assure that the plugins are not dead and showstopper problems will be fixed in a timely manner. I ask for proper understanding and thank everyone for the many years of support.

Cheers and see you soon as possible, Micropolis

Last edited:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Dear community,
please find at the first post of this thread and in our plugin repository the updated version v1.2.1 of ScreenControl. This update was required to fix a MediaPortal 1.4.0 specific timer issue in case threaded plugin loading is enabled.

Cheers, Micropolis

findftp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 20, 2011
    Nootdorp
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I followed the PDF about this plugin to setup windows screensaver (windows 8x64) to slideshow some photo's after 1 minute of inactivity but it doesn't work.
    I activated the screensaver in windows and gave it an hour timeout. Pictures were shown in demonstration mode.
    After setup of plugin nothing happened after 1 or 2 minutes.
    Other parts of the plugin are working, like jumping to 'now playing' when music or radio is played so the plugin is activated.

Could it be because I start windows with mediaportal instead of explorer (to speed up and get rid of watermark)?

flipdee

Portal Member
    July 20, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I followed the PDF about this plugin to setup windows screensaver (windows 8x64) to slideshow some photo's after 1 minute of inactivity but it doesn't work.
    I activated the screensaver in windows and gave it an hour timeout. Pictures were shown in demonstration mode.
    After setup of plugin nothing happened after 1 or 2 minutes.
    Other parts of the plugin are working, like jumping to 'now playing' when music or radio is played so the plugin is activated.

Could it be because I start windows with mediaportal instead of explorer (to speed up and get rid of watermark)?
    Hi findftp,
    I'm having the same problem, I find screensaver activation to be quite intermittent, i'm wondering is it something to do with the mediaportal window not being in focus (i.e. something in the background takes focus away because according to the screen control user manual the power functions won't work in this condition).
    I also struggled with the question of, does the idle timer being enabled (the native mediaportal screensaver option) have any impact on the screencontrol function?
    Do you notice your mediaportal screen blinking for a split second after the set amount of inactivity has run out on screencontrol, as if it's trying to do something but fails?
    This is basically the only flaw I have found with mediaportal/associated functions, my wife leaves the TV on and I am trying to avoid screen burn so may be forced just to use the screen blanking function in mediaportal however this tends to mean the screen goes blank and my wife (and myself on occasion) leave the TV switched on by accident for the rest of the day.
    cheers,
    flipdee

findftp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 20, 2011
    Nootdorp
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    My goal was to show a slideshow when the htpc was inactive.
    The HTPC goes into standy automatically after 20 minutes after inactivity, so that will prevent burn in.
    I gave up using this add-on

flipdee

Portal Member
    July 20, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    My goal was to show a slideshow when the htpc was inactive.
    The HTPC goes into standy automatically after 20 minutes after inactivity, so that will prevent burn in.
    I gave up using this add-on
    Hi findftp,
    That's a shame that you weren't able to make it work for you.
    I find it odd that "sometimes" it works for me, I can't replicate the circumstances in which it stops and starts working.
    cheers,
    fipdee

mr_poopyhead

Portal Member
    October 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Screensaver only works sometimes for me... Screensaver came on, and then I woke the computer up...

Then I left the computer alone for 5 minutes and the screensaver did not come back on. Anyone else have the same problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom