ScreenControl plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (1 Viewer)

lhcomputer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Lüdinghausen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for the great plugin
    I had long been a problem which has me very disturbed.
    I'm calling from MediaPortal Fireox on (MediaPortal is then minimized).
    If the plugin is activated, the control screen scrolling as Firefox and all other Windows function very slowly.

See also the thread opened by me
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...t-scrollen-unter-windows-sehr-langsam.108501/

I've tried to completely uninstall Screen Controll and also removes the Mediaportal.xml of all entries and Screen Control Screen Control newly installed.
    The problem remains.
    Have you any explanation or solution to this problem.

A.Herberg

Last edited:

h0dges

August 26, 2012
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Hi there!

Having successfully installed the plugin (version 1.0.1) and going to mediaportal configuration > plugins I get the error message:

"failed to locate assembly" [the details are attached]

I'm running MediaPortal 1.2.3.0 on Windows 7 64-bit. I was hoping to make full use of this plugin to display a windows screensaver :(

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
      Capture.PNG
      26.5 KB

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi h0dges, lhcomputer,,

@h0dges:
    ... Having successfully installed the plugin (version 1.0.1) and going to mediaportal configuration > plugins I get the error message: "failed to locate assembly"...
    I don't know exactly, which installation method do you have used (installer or manual). A quick solution is to download the zip-file from the first post of this thread, extract it and copy each files from "ScreenControl\Release\Plugins\Windows" to the MediaPortal plugin directory, normally "mediaportal\plugins\windows".

@lhcomputer:
    ... If the plugin is activated, the control screen scrolling as Firefox and all other Windows function very slowly....
    Please try to disable the options "Enable extended activity detection" and "Enable mouse activity detection" (see chapter 4.6 of included manual), this method could be solve your problem.

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

lhcomputer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Lüdinghausen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @lhcomputer:
    lhcomputer said:
    ... If the plugin is activated, the control screen scrolling as Firefox and all other Windows function very slowly....​
    Please try to disable the options "Enable extended activity detection" and "Enable mouse activity detection" (see chapter 4.6 of included manual), this method could be solve your problem.

Thanks for your answer.
    I have check the Option. Both Options was disable. But Firfox an all other Windows Scrolling are very slowly ..
    I have test some other thinks. Clean uninstall Screen Control Plugin included clean the Screen Control Entries in the Mediaportal.xml an installe the laste Version 1.01, and Clean Mediaportal uninstall and install Medipaortal and only the Screen Control Plugin.
    The same Problem.

stounedi

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2008
    Hey,

I have a problem with ScreenControl (which seems like a great plugin).

I am using it to fire up a screensaver. This part works fine. But I use IrTrans remote to control my HTPC/MP and I cant get the screensaver to go away with the remote. Moving mouse disables the screensaver fine, but IrTrans remote does not. I can hear the remote works and I can hear the menu movement sounds on the background but screensaver stays on over MP.

Anyone got any idea where I could start finding a solution for this problem? The IrTrans doesnt cancel Windows screensaver either.

Last edited:

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @stounedi:
    same problem as I have. See my error report here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...al-1-2-0-and-higher.70128/page-12#post-839181

I thougt that I'm allone with this problem.
    I think, that only remotes that act as hid within windows can end the screensaver. IRTrans-, X10-, HDMI-CEC-remotes do not end the screensaver right know.

I have posted a improvement suggestion to solve this issue. would be nice if you do a "+1" for it.
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/allow-windows-screensaver-as-a-third-idle-option.112765/

Last edited:

stounedi

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2008
    Actually, I got around the Screensaver program!

1. I added the following to IrTrans\remotes\apps.cfg
    Code:
    [APP]*
      [ACTIVE]
      [TYPE]KEY
      [REMOTE]mediacenter
    [COMMANDS]
    DOWN    [KEY]\DOWN
    UP    [KEY]\UP
    LEFT    [KEY]\LEFT
    RIGHT    [KEY]\RIGHT
    DVDMENU [KEY]h
    STOP    [KEY]b
    PAUSE    [KEY]\SPACE
    PLAY    [KEY]p
    OK    [KEY]\ENTER
    NEXT    [KEY]\RIGHT
    PREV    [KEY]\LEFT
    [END-COMMANDS]
    [END-APP]
    Now, pressing any of those buttons on remote WILL deactivate screensaver!

2. Remove the same commands from Mediaportal Configuration -> Remotes -> IrTrans
    This stops Mediaportal from receiving double commands for the assigned buttons.
    You can do this for any button you want, as long as there is a hotkey within Mediaportal for the function :)

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    good solution, but I don't think that this will work for my X10 or my HDMI-CEC remote, or what do you think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom