[Finished] scroll up to go bottom (1 Viewer)

jpichie

Portal Pro
May 12, 2011
Home Country
Canada Canada
A nice "feature" of MP1 was the ability to hit the up arrow to go to the bottom of a list (tv series/movies), rather than hit the down arrow 12+ times.
Any chance of this coming back? as it seems now it goes up into the menu selection.
thanks

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sometimes I also miss this, but how you would ever enter the top (or bottom) navigation bar, if you can never leave the list (due to rollover)?

If there is a solution that provides a consistent navigation between all types of controls, I'm happy to apply it.

jpichie

Portal Pro
    May 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I mean, in all honesty, how often would you need to use the menu tree at the top, would rather hit the back/exit key twice to exit menus than hit the down key 20+ times to get to the last episodes of a series.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes I understand this, but you cannot simply change the whole focus handling for all lists because of one special case. If someone positions other controls inside a screen, they still need to be reachable, i.e. the TV miniguide has buttons above a list: how to focus them, if you are not able to leave the list.

I don't want to say it's not possible, I want to say we need to do it right and in a consistent way that works in all imaginable ways. There also exists a similar Jira entry: https://issues.team-mediaportal.com/browse/MP2-216

jpichie

Portal Pro
    May 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    @breese this is fine if you use keyboard, but when using a MCE remote, it is a little different, unless we map a button I guess

EDIT - I actually just tested some things from within MP2, and it looks like the left button automatically goes up to the menu tree, and the right key does nothing.

So technically, if you are on the 1st episode, and hit up, it does the same thing as the left key.
    this would leave the up arrow open to go to last episode, in order to save time and clicks.

Last edited:

jpichie

Portal Pro
    May 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    @breese @morpheus_xx
    Have you guys had a chance to revisit my suggestion?

EDIT - I actually just tested some things from within MP2, and it looks like the left button automatically goes up to the menu tree, and the right key does nothing.
    So technically, if you are on the 1st episode, and hit up, it does the same thing as the left key.
    this would leave the up arrow open to go to last episode, in order to save time and clicks.

jpichie

Portal Pro
    May 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    @morpheus_xx any word on this yet?
    Is it something you are looking to implement? Have you tested this out to see if it still functions like you envision it?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I had vacation and now we are preparing a new release, so I had no time to look into this request. But I won't forget about this quesiton, because I sometimes also have the wish for a better solution ;)

jpichie

Portal Pro
    May 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Well then, welcome back from your Vacation :)
    If you give it a try in your latest anniversary edition, you will notice hitting the left key/arrow from within a season (episode selection), it pops you up to the menu tree, which is the same function as if you were on episode 1 and hit up.
    this should allow you to re purpose the up arrow to cycle to the bottom, while leaving the left arrow available to jump to menu tree from any episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom