Scrolling display using C.All and iMon (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

whatisk

Portal Pro
May 21, 2007
Brisbane
Home Country
Australia Australia
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.2.0 stable
MediaPortal Skin: Project Mayhem 3
Windows Version: XP MCE 2005
CPU Type: P4 1.6
Memory: 1GB
HTPC Case: Silverstone LC20M
Remote: iMon IR Remote

Using the C.All plugin, I have been trying to get information on the display to scroll.
This works fine using the External Display plugin with Soundgraph USB 1.0 selected, however I was hoping to be able to show current play time of videos on the display when watching a movie, etc and this doesn't seem to happen.
I'm not sure if I can do it with C.All either, but when playing around I noticed that I couldn't get text to scroll. I have tried different combinations of the settings, but have had no luck.
I was wondering if anyone is using this plugin with an iMon display and has gotten the text to scroll across it.
If not, I will continue to use the External Display plugin. Is there any thoughts on updating it to display playtime for video files?

JoeDalton

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 27, 2004
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I can't help you with the C.All plugin. That is entirely HdWagner's work.
    But I wonder why your display doesn't show the current play time of videos with the ExternalDisplay plugin. It should display "currentplaytime/totaltime". Do you use the internal video player (windows media player)? The plugin can only see the playtime of the internal player.
    Or perhaps your externaldisplay.xml file is corrupt. Try to rename the file and then reconfigure your display. Then it should display the current playtime when playing videos...

Joe

whatisk

Portal Pro
    May 21, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks very much for the reply Joe.
    When I tried to get C.All going, I noticed that it hadn't been updated in a while and the thread that the downloads page points to doesn't seem to exist...

I am actually using ZoomPlayer to play all video files (except for iso images). Last night I played a DVD image file and noticed that the current_time/total_time was shown fine.

I will try the internal player tonight with avi files and see if when they play the time is also displayed. I thought I had already tried that, but I could be wrong.
    If it doesn't work, I will also try renaming the xml as you suggested.
    Do the media files need to be associated with media player within windows, or is it all handled internally by MediaPortal? I think currently they are associated with WinAmp for some reason...
    Also, I assume the version of MediaPlayer doesn't matter (V9, V10, Classic, etc)?

:D

whatisk

Portal Pro
    May 21, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Joe,

Set the player to internal for movies and hey presto, play_time and remaining_time appeared.

Thanks again (am still sure I tried it though :mad: ).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom