MP2 - V2.1 Season/Episode Count is wrong (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

Season and Episode count display is correct as long as only the stored items are displayed. In this example there is just one season with 10 episodes

Series-1.JPG

If you switch on the option to show all available media item information (build TC#131), i.e. also series episode info, which are not on your drive, the count is wrong. It looks as if the available season with its 10 episodes is counted twice.

Series-2.JPG Series-3.JPG

The strange thing is that this wrong count doesn't apply to each series. Some still show the correct number. Also, if the count is wrong, it is always one season and ten episodes too high.

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just tested this and can not confirm :( Failures that can not be reproduced are the nasty ones. My guess is, that something went wrong during import ... but there can be also other reasons.
    What if you just rename the series folder once (adding a "_" behind) and starting a reimport?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I started from scratch and reimported my series.

When I switch on the "show all available media" the total count for series and episodes increases of course. It actually matches the TheTvDb.com information and therefore is correct, but...

The individually displayed information in this series screen is not changing. For example I am holding Season 1-3 of Homeland on my disk while TvDb.com has info for Specials as Season 0 plus an addtional three seasons 4-6. Regardless of the "available media" switch MP 2.1 is just displaying the episodes that are stored on my drive. What is the desired behavior, should I now also see the episode info for seasons 4-6 and also the specials? Or do I maybe need to run a second import before this information will be visible?

As a side remark: @Brownard , I can 100% reproduce the issues with Der Tatortortreiniger being assigned the same poster for each season as well as two (from a total of 20 ) episodes of Powers being recognized as a series Powers 2004. See https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/mp-2-1-final-release-thread.135722/page-5#post-1208094

Last edited:

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @henso , can you describe the theoretical behavior when activating "show all available media"? Should I then also see series details for missing seasons and episodes of a given series?

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    @henso , can you describe the theoretical behavior when activating "show all available media"? Should I then also see series details for missing seasons and episodes of a given series?
    It should just filter for media items flagged as virtual during import.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It should just filter for media items flagged as virtual during import.
    Not sure what that means. If you compare to MyTvSeries, it will also display episode info and fanart for episodes that are notnprsent on the NAS. What about MP 2.1?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I just installed the latest test build and this is looking good! (y)
    It now displays the missing seasons (although not with the correct season poster) together with the individual episodes. It now also sorted some episodes that had not been correctly recognized into the right series.

So the thread topic can be considered fixed :). Thank you @henso :love:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom