Season Pass / Smart Timeslot Recording Algorithm (1 Viewer)

Broceliande

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 26, 2006
    Ok, maybe it's time for me to tell a bit more about scheduler , since i worked a little on it those days :
    DVDFreak knows , ( at least i hope i was clear enough ) , that i don't reject his work at all.
    Those features are nice indeed. However , at this time , the code just replace some schedule types that many users are use to se having a certain behavior.
    Future may will implement DVDFreak's code as a new feature, while existing schedules types will stay the same. For each given example of the benefit of those features , i can at least find one proving this will confuse some users and simply make their schedules fail. That nobody wants , huh ?
    Please have a look on DVDFreaks releases and post decents good or bad experiences with it. Feedback is welcome in any case.
    Now that 0.2.3.0 RC1 is out and official , i assume that DVDFreak understands better why we had to do without this feature . But as i told him already , his patches are welcome here , as long as he wanna maintain his code.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Been following DVDFreaks post's regarding this, and it is a must have feature, but if it breaks any normal recording funtionality, that is not good in anyones books.

All i'm saying is please GUY's sort out any problems with coding, using us as tester's, maybe a bit of a one off release, that can be used for a couple of weeks (no other upgrades) maybe to do any fine tuning of code.

This would not be a general release to the MP community, as broceliande pointed out, if it broke something people relied on, not good news.

I also take it from what i have read this relies on EPG updates via DVB stream to be fully effective, so again you are limiting the amount of people who may benefit\test this.

Anyway best wishes as always

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Ok, maybe it's time for me to tell a bit more about scheduler , since i worked a little on it those days :
    DVDFreak knows , ( at least i hope i was clear enough ) , that i don't reject his work at all.

Rest assured, I understood that :)

Now that 0.2.3.0 RC1 is out and official , i assume that DVDFreak understands better why we had to do without this feature . But as i told him already , his patches are welcome here , as long as he wanna maintain his code.

Sure, that's clear.

Perhaps there would be interest in me providing patches for 0.2.3 RC1, not sure what people think about that (the old TV engine is on its way out after all).

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Been following DVDFreaks post's regarding this, and it is a must have feature, but if it breaks any normal recording funtionality, that is not good in anyones books.

100% agreed, but I'd be interested in examples where my changes make the recording fail.

All i'm saying is please GUY's sort out any problems with coding, using us as tester's, maybe a bit of a one off release, that can be used for a couple of weeks (no other upgrades) maybe to do any fine tuning of code.

This would not be a general release to the MP community, as broceliande pointed out, if it broke something people relied on, not good news.

All fine by me :) I'm just interested in having this feature myself, so I can use my own patches obviously. But of course I'd like contribute my changes to the community, so others may benefit. So whatever works as far as testing goes...

I also take it from what i have read this relies on EPG updates via DVB stream to be fully effective, so again you are limiting the amount of people who may benefit\test this.

Actually, it works with any kind of EPG data. I myself for example use an XMLTV source and the XMLTV plugin of the tv server to load this into the database. And from what I understood many people use WebEPG.

So as long as there is EPG data my enhancements will do their work.

And what's even more important: when there is no EPG data my enhancements should automatically fall back to recording at the default time. This can of course use more testing, but that's the way its intended to work. Maximum flexibility :)

jonaskp

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    And what's even more important: when there is no EPG data my enhancements should automatically fall back to recording at the default time. This can of course use more testing, but that's the way its intended to work. Maximum flexibility :)
    If this is right, that would be sweet.

A couple of weeks ago i lost all my recordings on 2 days, because the site I used to grab EPG from stopped working with the grabber (don't know if they changed the format or what they did). So since there was no EPG data, no recordings were made, even though the programs were still on at the normal time.

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    If this is right, that would be sweet.

A couple of weeks ago i lost all my recordings on 2 days, because the site I used to grab EPG from stopped working with the grabber (don't know if they changed the format or what they did). So since there was no EPG data, no recordings were made, even though the programs were still on at the normal time.

I uploaded my patches so this feature can be stress-tested. Over to the testers I'd say :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom